Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 09-29-2013, 10:38 AM

Default Friday 9/27 & Saturday 9/28

A tale of two days and I am hoping today will be better than both of them....

Friday 9/27:

Had about 3 hours decided to grab some rods and see if Belvadere was still producing...It was tough going for quite a while...Spent most of the time in 20 to 30 foot of water with a variety of Captain John spreaderbars and a few single bucktails with twisters...Used white and chart with 4 inch twisters...Set them at numerous depths with inlines....I saw at least a half mile wide and long school of bait from the channel edges just below the southern range marker across from Gibson island....All that bait and no fish....As the sun started to go down however, the fish finally started biting...Had a few 16 to 18's then started to get doubles in the same range on the spreaderbars...The darker it got the larger the fish got...Ended up with a pair of 22's trolling then did some ultra light perch fishing at the mouth of the Bodkin....to end the day....

Saturday 9/28:

Different day, different tactics...Headed out to the bayside of Love Point through the dumping grounds...And nothing but throwbacks at best....Crossed back over the channel towards the mouth of the Magothy...Was thinking this was going to be a day to forget when all of the sudden one of the tandems I was using got hit....As I was getting the fish back into the water, another tandem went down...Got some really nice fish south of Baltimore light then headed back home...On saturday the spreader bars did not catch a thing...The tandems were 5 and 8 ounce bucktails chart and white with...and don't laugh...Could not find the twisters I needed, so I had to used "John Deer" twister tails on my white and chart bucktails...But heck they worked...The fish hit at numerous depths and I was using 8, 12, and 16 ounce inlines with the tandems....

Heading out again today to see what it will bring me...Have not fished this much all summer and it feels great !

Good luck to all !

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg One set of Doubles.jpg (90.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Saturday.jpg (87.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg End of Day.jpg (80.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 09-29-2013, 06:22 PM

Well????

I saw about a half dozen boats anchored on the eastern side...about 1500 yards off shore and maybe 200 yards north of the bridge.....this was around 4pm. Didn't see any birds so I guess something else good was happening there.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:27 PM

Default Guess 2 out 3 aint bad...

Scott,

If you saw a bunch of boats around 4:00 one of them should have been me....I got one dink striper near the light...After about an hour and a half and not seeing anyone else pull in anything and the bait no where near what it was the last two days, I decided to head back north and caught perch in front of bodkin creek....Was fun, but not the same as the last two days...

The life of a rockfish, here one day and gone the next...

Mike
Old 09-30-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlien View Post
Scott,

If you saw a bunch of boats around 4:00 one of them should have been me....I got one dink striper near the light...After about an hour and a half and not seeing anyone else pull in anything and the bait no where near what it was the last two days, I decided to head back north and caught perch in front of bodkin creek....Was fun, but not the same as the last two days...

The life of a rockfish, here one day and gone the next...

Mike
Definitely NOT you on the eastern side. I was actually LOOKING for your boat, and I can spot it pretty well now.

We made it across just a little while before the bridge caught on fire.