Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 07-15-2013, 07:54 AM

Default Hot weather and fish above the bridge

Fished Saturday with a friend who wanted to troll. Lines in at 9:00 and caught 5 fish by 9:30. Went jiggin for perch on the bars and caught some decent perch.
Had a party out on Sunday (family of Mom, Dad and two teenage boys) that wanted to chum. Gave it a try on top of plenty of marks but only caught skates. I think I have lost my chumming MOJO. After an hour and a half and 2 moves, the boys were getting restless. I suggested trolling and they agreed. I moved east of the pack and tried to set out 5 lines. By the time I had 3 lines in, we had 3 fish. Caught 6 more before I got the 5th rod out. The youngest boy caught a 31" and a 25" at once I took off the tandem rigs and left 1 bucktail on each rod and we proceeded to do some catch and release. All fish caught on 1 1/4 OZ and 3/4OZ Spankin Striper Teacher Bucktails. We left to catch some perch and put a few black backs in the box. The very best part of the day was when Dad took all of the fish home to clean them and all I had to do was clean the boat. Good to see Chessie on the "Justified". I must admit, that is a beautiful boat
Old 07-16-2013, 10:59 AM

Looks like you hooked up well. Way to go! Watch out for those plastics though. I'm starting to hear reports of mid bay blues.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:33 PM

Saw you perchin' on Saturday Bruce. I have yet to see Justified on the water, but Hook 'em ranks right up there in the eye candy department. I may have to take up trolling just to make a little breeze, as pretty as your boat is I think it's the A/C in the cabin that I envy the most tis time of year.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycatcher View Post
Saw you perchin' on Saturday Bruce. I have yet to see Justified on the water, but Hook 'em ranks right up there in the eye candy department. I may have to take up trolling just to make a little breeze, as pretty as your boat is I think it's the A/C in the cabin that I envy the most tis time of year.
Thanks, Was that you on Miss Eloise? I love the 27's, they are top notch.
In 3 years I have only used the A/C while fishing one time. However, in the spring and winter I do like the heated cabin.

bhl (Bruce)
Old 07-17-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl View Post
I love the 27's, they are top notch.
Wanna trade Bruce? Lol!

Seriously...this is the last boat I will own without a generator & AC.

Take care and stay cool,
Tawn
Old 07-18-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawn View Post
Wanna trade Bruce? Lol!

Seriously...this is the last boat I will own without a generator & AC.

Take care and stay cool,
Tawn
Tawn,
I guess every boat has it's ups and downs. When I hit the mega Millions I probably will own a fleet. One to cruise, one to fish, one to go fast and on and on. We are fishing tomorrow - 100+ heat index so I think tomorrow might be the second day that I use the A/C while fishing.
I hope your hand is healing well. Does beer help the healing process

bhl (Bruce)
Old 07-19-2013, 06:38 PM

Thanks Bruce the hand is doing well.

When I hit the mega a million, the first dime I send will be on a boat identical to yours!

I finally got my mold science project, I mean boat, back in the water today. I have a friend's 16year old son coming down to scrub it down for me as I still can't get my hand wet.

I have been fairly dry as in no booze...I figured that beer and antibiotics wasn't a good combination.

Take care,
Tawn

Last edited by Tawn; 07-19-2013 at 06:42 PM.