Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-17-2010, 10:45 AM

Default I like the 22 Lite Tackle

Do you think that you could fit two on the roof of this pig???? I could use them as planer boards in the Spring Season - and then in the summer i could "LTJ" with you Bill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0662.jpg (27.7 KB, 23 views)
Old 06-18-2010, 04:33 PM

Spynett just buy a 22ft Pathfinder tournament edition everything you want plus many more extras, I ran mine in the bay for 2 years before moving to Florida, felt much safer in the Pathfinder than my 25ft Hydrasport WA. With tabs and a 250hp Yam it would get up on top of the waves and just run past most CC's, draws 10inches of water. 110 gallons of livewells we run out 30 miles almost to West end in the Bahamas.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wino View Post
Spynett just buy a 22ft Pathfinder tournament edition everything you want plus many more extras, I ran mine in the bay for 2 years before moving to Florida, felt much safer in the Pathfinder than my 25ft Hydrasport WA. With tabs and a 250hp Yam it would get up on top of the waves and just run past most CC's, draws 10inches of water. 110 gallons of livewells we run out 30 miles almost to West end in the Bahamas.
Yea, i've been looking at the 23-24ft bay boats. I like Kencraft, Triton, and Pathfinder. I just don't understand why they aren't more popular in the Chesapeake. If I go to Florida to get one I will never be able to sell it around here so its gotta be the boat I keep for a while.

I'm looking a a Kencraft 23 this weekend. It has a 250hp Yam 4 stroke and im concerned about the fuel burn.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:46 PM

considering the open waters of the bay and the best fishing being in colder water, I personally wouldnt want a low profile southern-type bay boat in this area. Give me higher free board and gunwales to lean against no matter what type of fishing. That is why the shallow draft Parker SE, Jones Brothers, and hopefully Judges are so much more popular in this area.

Just my opinion regardless of brands
Old 06-19-2010, 12:28 AM

Dave listen to Wino.. Seek the advice of our elders..

He's not a bad fishermen either...

Steve, How ya doing bud ?? Give me a shout when you can.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:42 AM

As much as I love you Greg, I can not agree

A wave in Florida would sink me the same way a wave here in Maryland would sink me regardless of water temperature. It is merely a great marketing plan that has given the popular chesapeake "guide and rec" boats their stance. Parker and Jones has made people THINK they need their boat to catch fish. Good for them, but I HAVE YET to meet a light tackle fisherman who relys on the "lean" of the gunawles of a boat. As a fisherman, who gives a crap? If the weather is to the point where I am concerned about falling out of the boat, well, I shouldn't be out there! Both boats will get me home all the same without sinking. We went out on a Sea Pro SV2100 Bay last night. I'd love to take a measuring tape to both hulls (Sea Pro vs Parker)...with the rail on the SV i'd bet the sides are the same from the floor if not higher than the parker! Now the Parker 21 is a BIG boat for being 21 feet but they ride like sh*t (Sorry Parker owners). If you want a bare bones fishing boat thats great. But as a fisherman you have to ask yourself..."does this bare bones Parker fish all of the light tackle situations I encounter in the Chesapeake Bay the way I want it to"? My answer to that question is no. Also, don't you ever want to take family or friends out for a cruise or to play around? Where do they sit or store anything on a Parker?

A boat builder around here needs to start thinking about every situation that may be encountered here in the Chesapeake for light tackle and sell each feature for a specific situation. The 27 Chesapeake gives me a WOW feeling every time I see one on the water. Judge needs a light tackle boat that does the same. Every inch of a custom fishing boat has to function and serve a purpose.

By the way, i've had 2 phone calls and 3 PM's from people (some who I don't even know) who could not agree more. You need to get people to start thinking JUDGE light tackle, not Parker or Jones. That can happen with a boat that is well thought out that gives fisherman a WOW feeling.

Last edited by spynet000; 06-19-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spynet000 View Post
If the weather is to the point where I am concerned about falling out of the boat, well, I shouldn't be out there!
I couldn't disagree more. My best fishing is always on the days when almost everyone else stays home. I think you need two boats. A bass or bay style boat for the light days and something bigger for fishing in the winter or the wind. Especially if you want to go out alone sometimes.

The biggest advantage of a smaller boat is a trolling motor. Otherwise, I'll put a 27 footer in any hole a Bay Boat can get to. I actually have less draw than some.

"Catch & Release - A picture is worth a thousand fish"

Last edited by Shawn Kimbro; 06-20-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Kimbro View Post
I couldn't disagree more. My best fishing is always on the days when almost everyone else stays home. I think you need two boats. A bass or bay style boat for the light days and something bigger for fishing in the winter or the wind. Especially if you want to go out alone sometimes.
I agree, rougher the better. But it would take 5 and 6 footers in order for me to actually be concerned about falling out of a bay boat, in which case I probably would not be out there. You cross the bay in NE 35 to go fishing, i'd want a 27 for that situation too. You are going regardless of the WX. My feeling is that most fisherman are not. You are not normal

I'd rather have my bow mount with me at all times, if possible. Then again, we typically fish completely different areas. Thats only my opinion.

By the way, Happy Fathers Day!