Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 05-04-2015, 03:38 PM

Default Saturday/Sunday

Saturday got a 44in, at 8am, near Baltimore Light. It hit a chartreuse parachute, behind an umbrella, 100ft back. Called it quits about 2... Sunday trolled west shore area, down to BB, across to east shore, up to LP. I decided to go way off the beaten path.. A 35in slammed a single white parachute, 300ft back.. Fish wanted no parts of playing along, fought the entire way in, it whooped my ass.. Lol.. Not a bad weekend..

Joe
"Celtic Charm"
Old 05-04-2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
Saturday got a 44in, at 8am, near Baltimore Light. It hit a chartreuse parachute, behind an umbrella, 100ft back. Called it quits about 2... Sunday trolled west shore area, down to BB, across to east shore, up to LP. I decided to go way off the beaten path.. A 35in slammed a single white parachute, 300ft back.. Fish wanted no parts of playing along, fought the entire way in, it whooped my ass.. Lol.. Not a bad weekend..

Joe
"Celtic Charm"
300' back??? You're crazy!! I had my "WWWB" out at 80' today! Sounds like it was worth it though. Congrats!

Old 05-04-2015, 07:35 PM

Jeff, I run a five rod spread. I start out using a layout from a diagram from Tyler's Tackle, then tweak it through the day. What can I say, it produces..

Joe
"Celtic Charm"
Old 05-04-2015, 07:55 PM

Ahhhhh, that explains it. Whatever it takes Right? Just glad I don't have to reel that thing in!

Old 05-04-2015, 08:13 PM

This only my second season going for trophies, I still have a lot to learn.. Every trip is a learning experience.. How big are your parachutes, do you add inline weights?

Joe
Old 05-05-2015, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
This only my second season going for trophies, I still have a lot to learn.. Every trip is a learning experience.. How big are your parachutes, do you add inline weights?

Joe
I run 5/3oz or 6/2oz tandems or 9oz singles. I run no additional weights and I have been running everything 5 bars back off the boards. I'll run a few umbrellas with big inlines off the boat only 3 bars. I like using outrodders to spread the boat rods out a few extra feet. Outrodders look kinda like a 7 and they lay the rods out fairly flat (like low outriggers kinda). You may want to consider using if you aren't already, particularly if you're not using boards. They really help to avoid tangles and I use them all year long. They may even allow you bump up to running 7 rods....