Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-08-2013, 09:09 AM

Reds, I'm sorry I ever wrote my post in the other thread. I see I'm not going to get a yes (I believe we have less fish than five years ago) or a no (we have more fish than five years ago).

This thread is not about eliminating a user group

If it is true that they have "changed their habits" and you need different methods to catch them, I offer you an olive branch. If you would feel inclined to show me some of your techniques, I will pick up up at Kentmore Marina in my boat and we can go find some fish. I have trolling, chunking, and livelinning gear available. Tell me what to bring and I'll be there. If we need "specialized" lures other than what I have, you supply the lures and I will provide the boat, fuel, and rods.
The livelinning in the mouth of Eastern Bay looks very promising. Fish were schooled up nicely. We could have liveliner or jiggled them. We were trolling and did OK, but "dropping" on them would have been more successful.
I don't know why there is this "air of contention" between us. We both work in the "charter" industry, we both love to fish, we both want the fishery to expand, not contract, and it appears we have similar feelings about the direction of the country.
This is like fly fishermen vs jiggers vs trollers; we need to find more common ground, not less (although I certainly see why sailboaters vs power boaters exists)
Catch Em Up,
Marty
Old 06-08-2013, 04:19 PM

What illegal nets is he referring to? the three nets they found a few years ago? He thinks there in a fish decline because of that? WOW. sounds to me like he has an agenda against commercial fishing. BTW I think there is a huge number of Rockfish out there, you don't need any tips to catch them, if you can't catch a Rock now you should take up golf or something I could catch my limit in about two minutes
Old 06-08-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Reds, I'm sorry I ever wrote my post in the other thread. I see I'm not going to get a yes (I believe we have less fish than five years ago) or a no (we have more fish than five years ago).

This thread is not about eliminating a user group

If it is true that they have "changed their habits" and you need different methods to catch them, I offer you an olive branch. If you would feel inclined to show me some of your techniques, I will pick up up at Kentmore Marina in my boat and we can go find some fish. I have trolling, chunking, and livelinning gear available. Tell me what to bring and I'll be there. If we need "specialized" lures other than what I have, you supply the lures and I will provide the boat, fuel, and rods.
The livelinning in the mouth of Eastern Bay looks very promising. Fish were schooled up nicely. We could have liveliner or jiggled them. We were trolling and did OK, but "dropping" on them would have been more successful.
I don't know why there is this "air of contention" between us. We both work in the "charter" industry, we both love to fish, we both want the fishery to expand, not contract, and it appears we have similar feelings about the direction of the country.
This is like fly fishermen vs jiggers vs trollers; we need to find more common ground, not less (although I certainly see why sailboaters vs power boaters exists)
Catch Em Up,
Marty

This is the second time the moderator has shown partiality toward one of his buddies in leaving a derogatory remark about commercial fishermen and removing mine. And you say this is not about other user groups. Might as well be Brandy in disguise. LOL.

Last edited by reds; 06-08-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds View Post
This is the second time the moderator has shown partiality toward one of his buddies in leaving a derogatory remark about commercial fishermen and removing mine. And you say this is not about other user groups. Might as well be Brandy in disguise. LOL.
Reds & Chesapeake Rock
For the life of me, I just don't get it. River cat makes a reference to POACHING, and somehow, you make the jump to an anti commercial thread. If you think this board (and the moderator) is equivalent to TF and Brandon, you are very mistaken.
However, I'm done trying to convince you otherwise. I'm sure your impressions and opinions feel true to you, I'm just sorry you get the negative vibes from CBA.
Best of luck to you the rest of the season. I hope you have a great one.
5th (Marty)
Old 06-10-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds View Post

I didn't remove anything, so try reading again.

Did I leave one of your posts in the other thread perhaps?

But we know where YOUR bias lies. Nice Alinsky tactic.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Reds & Chesapeake Rock
For the life of me, I just don't get it. River cat makes a reference to POACHING, and somehow, you make the jump to an anti commercial thread. If you think this board (and the moderator) is equivalent to TF and Brandon, you are very mistaken.
However, I'm done trying to convince you otherwise. I'm sure your impressions and opinions feel true to you, I'm just sorry you get the negative vibes from CBA.
Best of luck to you the rest of the season. I hope you have a great one.
5th (Marty)
Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!
...and we have a winner!!
Old 06-11-2013, 02:12 PM

maybe I was wrong and Rivercat has no problem with commercial fishing, I just got a negative vive when I read his post.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:37 PM

I hope folks over here on CBA don't have a problem with commercial fishing...I took tomorrow off to Hook & Line...
Old 06-12-2013, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawn View Post
I hope folks over here on CBA don't have a problem with commercial fishing...I took tomorrow off to Hook & Line...
I was H&L'ing yesterday (Tuesday)
5th
Old 06-12-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesapeake Rock View Post
maybe I was wrong and Rivercat has no problem with commercial fishing, I just got a negative vive when I read his post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawn View Post
The way I see it, there are two types who venture out on the water to fish: law abiding citizens (both recreational and commercial), and poachers (both recreational and commercial).

A simple Google search will reveal that there's enough blame go go around.

http://somd.com/news/headlines/2011/13589.shtml

http://www.thebaynet.com/news/index....story_ID/21552

Et cetera, et cetera...