Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
can anyone tell me exactly where the bite is right now. I havent been fishing in about a month and dont want to search all over for fish? Thanks
The best place to find fish right now for you Greg is Superfresh or Safeway. I will burn a spot I fished with Greg because we didn't catch a fish What are we going to do about that Greg. I'll bring the crab...........Gary
Old 02-25-2010, 09:25 AM

Bahh Gary you told me there were black drum in the mid-chesapeake bay.. I have yet to see one. Paul caught a nice croaker through

Dont worry, Garry doesnt burn any black drum spots on anyone
Old 02-25-2010, 09:39 AM
Baldzilla

I like reading everyones opinions...especially SteveF and UnclePhil since I know they fish that area hard. I was wondering how they felt. I moved my boat off the Patapsco this year, and have not fished it once on my boat, and I guess that's why it didn't bother me, but it brought up the question among a lot of people who didn't want to stir the pot and ask the question. I don't fault JP for doing it. Hell I spoke to him last year and gave him an exact spot where I found some fish and as far as I know it stayed completely between us. I don't even think his post would have burned that spot too bad had it not been for one of two of the pictures in particular.

as I said in my original post, no, the WWDs are not a secret, but you gotta put in the work to know if the fish are there....if someone posts a report that "there are fish at location x" then the people that are less likely to go out and look for fish in the cold weather, but if they know exactly where they are, they are more likely to go.

I've been fishing since Jan 6th this year, you won't see a report from me, but there are some of you who have posted on this thread who I've talked to about the fish and know exactly where I'm fishing and know what I've been catching and I trust you guys. I trust guys I dont know that well. Along the same lines, I would share a spot I found with a few people that have helped me out and if the chose to share it with everyone in the world I wouldnt give a flying crap because they have probably already been there or they have helped me or given me information so much I could care less...
a few that come to mind Shawn Kimbro, MLAG, Garlien, B-faithful, Powerplay (or whatever his hockey name on this board is) hell even 5thTuition (he just can't net my fish)...im sure I missed some...

that being said, the entire point of this post was just to get viewpoints...not to bash anyone. It just happened to be the post on TF that started the whole discussion among some friends of mine and me (they have yet to post on the subject), but in short...no more dissertations
1.) I will never share a spot given to me by anyone else on the board no matter if they tell me I can or not...
2.) I don't post many reports, but if I did I would never post a report from a spot that I had fished that had been given to me by someone else
3.) as many have said, and as I said in my original post, you gotta be a huge egomaniac to think that you are the first person to have found a spot, so it's not like you are discovering America, but when you post a specific spot, IMHO you are inviting the people that don't want to put in the work to either a.) catch the fish you have been fishing hard or b.) as Jamie said, blow through your spot, run the motor, blast their music, stomp around a boat, etc...

oh well, two cents made..
Old 02-25-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
can anyone tell me exactly where the bite is right now. I havent been fishing in about a month and dont want to search all over for fish? Thanks
Greg; I was at Bass Pro Shop just yesterday and I saw several nice size rockfish in their tank. If you try a lure that doesn't seem to be working, just climb down from the catwalk and go to another aisle and grab some different tackle.
5th (Marty)
Old 02-25-2010, 10:39 AM

I think it's worth adding - as someone without a boat who always is fishing with someone else, I don't report locations either and I feel it's a HO's duty not to. I also won't report where I fish when on a charter.

With that being said, if in a couple years from now I buy a boat and take a new friend with me, I don't know that I feel obligated to avoid all the locations people have shown me to avoid the info being passed on, but at the same time I'm going to be interested in exploring and finding my own places to fish.

I can also say I appreciate the fact that just about every time I've asked for help (and honestly though, I never ask for a spot, but rather usually general directions and the type of info to help me find a location on my own), people generally oblige and I've learned a lot from that. For example, I asked someone in this thread once if they were fishing North or South from Breezy - that was all - and they obliged and it helped me find fish and helped me learn something about the time of year I was fishing. I won't have to ask again.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
As much as i hate to do this The bite right now is on LIGHT TACKLE so unfortunately that excludes you. I feel terrible to have to give you this information.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:51 AM

As the ole saying goes, it never hurts to ask…I know that I have had many phone calls asking where I had caught fish after Phill put up a post and I do try to help them the best I can but some of the places Phill and I fish I was sworn to secrecy and I will not give those spots up Hell I even put a blind fold on Phill when were running to them. As it was said there are some guys that will not tell anyone where they are fishing and I like how Jamie post his reports “Mid bay” but he will let you know what he is doing if you give him a call or PM him.

By the way Phill and I sometimes put on in the Patapsco and end up at the Bay Bridge and boy is that a run for us in a flat bottom boat when the wind is blowing 15 plus but it’s sometimes worth it.
Contact Info:
Backyard Custom Rods and Repairs.
(301) 898-1136 or Cell (240) 486-0007
E-Mail BCRodsandRepairs@aol.com
Old 02-25-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Gregg 24-25.528' N; 80-45.328' W
Old 02-25-2010, 11:34 AM

that is a long run from annapolis

are you closer to there or will we see you at 38.869535,-75.812257 this weekend?
Old 02-25-2010, 11:39 AM

I am probably gona here aot of S@@@ about this but here is my thought.

With all the bad that goes on in this world I wonder why so many ppl worry about spot burning. I just dont understand the selfishness wanting to keep it all to them self. You might want to understand the feeling that you get when you help others. Look at Wish a Fish. What if they took the position of not taking individuals to fish. I take people fishing and all I care is about their excitment and trying to make a rememberable trip for them. when they catch the fish it gives me a better feeling that if I caught it.

So if you dont want to share then dont, but understand that you all use information from the ones that do share. And honestly does it make that much of a difference in the big scheme of things.

My 2 cents

Vince