Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-15-2011, 02:52 PM

Default Conditions on 9/15 - Anyone get out today

Wondering about the conditions north of Baltimore light to the 7' Knoll area...

I was out on Tuesday, and although better than Sunday, it was still bad....

If you have been out today, or see anything from your travels let me know...
Old 09-15-2011, 03:21 PM

There is an excellent thread with pictures on Tidal Fish from Sandy Point.

Guy took a kayak out. Water is horrible looking at bridge with lots of debri.

Even the ramps were full of junk. One had a tree on it.

I went over Patapsco on 295 ( going into Baltimore ). Water level was almost normal and much clearer then a few days ago.

Sunpaper today ( Thurs ) has a front page photo of the bay from a satellite - muddy water goes past Breezy. Tapers out at Point Look Out.

I think we'll have bad conditions / debri for a while.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:21 PM

Saw that thread on TF...Prompted me to write this message...I know that 5 to 10 miles does not seem like a lot, but with this debris, even a few miles could make a difference.

I am not anywhere near as worried about the water clarity as I am about the large, boat damaging debris in the water...

From the pictures on TF I did not see a lot of very large limbs, trees, barrells, etc...Most of it was the pooled up grasses and small trash....

Was hoping that Marty or someone else from the Bodkin, Rock Creek, etc...area may have done some recon and have some information about our local haunts....

Its been a real bi@#$@tc#@$ coming in at night trying to dodge everything in the way....I count my blessings I had a great "Spotter" with me on the boat and we were just plain lucky missing things in the water....

Hoping to get out tomorrow evening for a while, but still concerned about large debris...
Old 09-15-2011, 05:35 PM

Might want to double check the weather in morning - small craft up now for winds from the North.

As much as love the water and fishing - I'm sitting out a week or so until it gets better out there - even then might trailer way south.

Far too much huge debri out there to risk it - plus I'm not too sure fish will bite in that mess.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:13 PM

Picked up a few smaller ones on Tuesday evening despite the bad conditions...

Weather looks like its going to be a windy night, with some rain, followed by a sunny afternoon and winds north 5 to 10....

Hate to see what was a really good run come to a halt...
Old 09-16-2011, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlien View Post
Saw that thread on TF...Prompted me to write this message...I know that 5 to 10 miles does not seem like a lot, but with this debris, even a few miles could make a difference.

I am not anywhere near as worried about the water clarity as I am about the large, boat damaging debris in the water...

From the pictures on TF I did not see a lot of very large limbs, trees, barrells, etc...Most of it was the pooled up grasses and small trash....

Was hoping that Marty or someone else from the Bodkin, Rock Creek, etc...area may have done some recon and have some information about our local haunts....

Its been a real bi@#$@tc#@$ coming in at night trying to dodge everything in the way....I count my blessings I had a great "Spotter" with me on the boat and we were just plain lucky missing things in the water....

Hoping to get out tomorrow evening for a while, but still concerned about large debris...
Lots of debris in Eastern Bay on Thursday.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:01 AM

I have been off the water since my last post. I'm having withdrawl. I may take a ride today to see what the bay looks like (by car).
I'm thinking about checking out SP Park ramps, heading over to the Eastern Shore and stopping at Metapeake, then riding down to Romankoke to check out Eastern Bay.
I might have to stop at the tiki bar at Kent Narrows for a beer or two to drown my sorrows.
5th
Old 09-16-2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
I have been off the water since my last post. I'm having withdrawl. I may take a ride today to see what the bay looks like (by car).
I'm thinking about checking out SP Park ramps, heading over to the Eastern Shore and stopping at Metapeake, then riding down to Romankoke to check out Eastern Bay.
I might have to stop at the tiki bar at Kent Narrows for a beer or two to drown my sorrows.
5th
Say hi to Al for me.

I sold them that bright colored paint on the building there about 10 years ago.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:41 AM

Marty,

If you do end up taking that trip, post what you saw....

I am more than likely going to take a short ride on the boat this evening and will post what it looks like out there.

Mike
Old 09-16-2011, 08:55 PM

Ended up not going out....kids got the best of me....

Talked to a few folks and they said the big debris is on the retreat, water still the color of chocolate milk.

Will get out for an hour or two tomorrow. Hoping to get out with Spot77 on Sunday as well.

Will post an update tomorrow.

Stay safe out there.