Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-16-2014, 02:40 PM

Reds; I see you posted while I was writting.

If all those organizations were informed of the imposing legislation and neglected to tell us (recs), this is inexcusable.
MSSA and CCA send me emails all the time giving me updates or "news" about fishing topics.
I don't belong to either of these organizations. Dropped MSSA after they SUPPORTED PSCR restrictions, and never joined CCA.
I know lots of people who do belong to these groups, and they never received a heads up.

I have been totally blindsided by this, but will continue to fight. My feelings about DNR could not get any lower.
5th
Old 01-16-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Reds; I see you posted while I was writting.

If all those organizations were informed of the imposing legislation and neglected to tell us (recs), this is inexcusable.
MSSA and CCA send me emails all the time giving me updates or "news" about fishing topics.
I don't belong to either of these organizations. Dropped MSSA after they SUPPORTED PSCR restrictions, and never joined CCA.
I know lots of people who do belong to these groups, and they never received a heads up.

I have been totally blindsided by this, but will continue to fight. My feelings about DNR could not get any lower.
5th
CCA, MSSA and the Maryland Charter Boat Association are all represented on SFAC.... SFAC members got the notice of the proposed changes. It appears they were to busy into other things to read the proposals.

If you read the meeting hand out for the May SFAC meetings you will see the notice of the public meetings . The SFAC members also received all proposed changes to comar regs.

In short, the members screwed up.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:57 PM

Early May - correct me if I'm wrong but very busy time for most charter boat captains and the MSSA office.

Trust me - I'd burn my MSSA card if MSSA was only group who did not get word out.

Odd CCA and Md charterboat assoc. , among others - also missed it.

I'm wondering if in all the paperwork - SFAC members took it for a fresh water reg. ?

Good news - we can all put out 25 baited lines off jugs - per angler

Let's hope common sense fixes this quickly.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:59 PM

I doubt DNR will change the wording anytime soon. There is a pending lawsuit having to do with rockfish. It would look not to spiffy to a judge, if they change one comar reg because of out cry and left another alone.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:48 PM

OK, the DNR called me back and this is what they said:
The law was written in July 2013
The law was enacted in Dec. 2013 in an emergency order
They thought the new law was in the new 2014 fishing reg book but when I asked them to look, they found out that it wasn't there.
I was told that they are updating the 2014 reg book on line as we speak
They have been discussing this law for the last 2 years
When I asked why I, as a charter boat operator didn't get a notification, the reply was " I thought we did"
I assured them that every month I get a notification from the DNR to send in my charter logs and that I would expect that I would see something in one of those e-mails.
I was told that there will be a meeting of the Sport Fish Advisory group at the Tawes Building in Annapolis on Jan. 28th from 2 to 5pm to discuss this law. Everyone is invited and if you can't make it I was told that you should contact your Sport Fishery Advisory Commissioner and levy a complaint with him so that he can represent you at the meeting.

i was told that charters were included in this law and that the captain and mate are considered "people" and can use 3 rod each.

bhl (Bruce)
Old 01-16-2014, 06:34 PM

Now they invite us to a meeting
Old 01-16-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl View Post
OK, the DNR called me back and this is what they said:
The law was written in July 2013
The law was enacted in Dec. 2013 in an emergency order
They thought the new law was in the new 2014 fishing reg book but when I asked them to look, they found out that it wasn't there.
I was told that they are updating the 2014 reg book on line as we speak
They have been discussing this law for the last 2 years
When I asked why I, as a charter boat operator didn't get a notification, the reply was " I thought we did"
I assured them that every month I get a notification from the DNR to send in my charter logs and that I would expect that I would see something in one of those e-mails.
I was told that there will be a meeting of the Sport Fish Advisory group at the Tawes Building in Annapolis on Jan. 28th from 2 to 5pm to discuss this law. Everyone is invited and if you can't make it I was told that you should contact your Sport Fishery Advisory Commissioner and levy a complaint with him so that he can represent you at the meeting.

i was told that charters were included in this law and that the captain and mate are considered "people" and can use 3 rod each.

bhl (Bruce)
So People need to attend that meeting. Nice that they do it on a Tuesday afternoon so less people are inclined to take off work and attend. I have a meeting in NJ that morning but will do my best to be there. Should I just park out in the middle of the street for the meeting to help send the message?

We need a MILLION FISHERMAN MARCH - Everyone please bring 2 trolling rods under each arm!!!!

Old 01-16-2014, 07:16 PM

Jesus, I thought I gave up politics when I got into fishing. Oh well, who else will carry the torch for our children. I just don't understand the end result. 1 fish per person hasn't changed. Someone please enlighten me.

Bhl (Bruce)
Old 01-16-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds View Post

DNR didn't drop the ball or do anything sneaky, MSSA, CCA SFAC and the Maryland Charter Boat Association all dropped the ball.
bull stuffing If they communicated clearly "everyone else" wouldn't have dropped the ball.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
bull stuffing If they communicated clearly "everyone else" wouldn't have dropped the ball.
Spoken like a true school kid..... Man up..... MSSA and CCA reps dropped the ball because they were more interested in commercial regs.