Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 08-22-2017, 07:38 PM

Default MSSA tourney this Sat???

crazy tourney set uo for this weekend. AMATEURS ONLY!! No charters allowed. Lines not it until 7:00 and scales don't open til 3:30. That's a long day and rules me out. I have plans to head to Fells Point for the night Sat and cant wait for scales to open!! Good luck to anyone that is fishing it!!

Old 08-22-2017, 11:16 PM

MSSA isn't doing any more Pro-Am's. Too many amateurs complained about charter boats winning the fall tournament that they were afraid of losing too many participants. They separated the pro's and the am's into different divisions last year for fall. (has been that way for the spring for years). Unfortunately there are not enough "pro's" on the bay to make the pro money be big.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:16 PM

I'm out between two days at white Marlin open and two days at poor girls open I'm done until fall tournament season. Eight days of chasing billfish in tournaments and fun fishing about have my knees done. Need to recoup from the alchahol ( yes I was part of Going Deeps" $21,000.00 bar tab that's been floating around the internet) and being a pit monkey has me wore out! Fun was had but mating offshore is a young mans game ( I'm not) the 16-20 hour days of rigging baits, fishing, baby sitting charters, cleaning 68' foot boat at the end of each trip and doing it over the next day wears on you. Yes, sounds exciting, but someone's got to do it!
Old 08-23-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
MSSA isn't doing any more Pro-Am's. Too many amateurs complained about charter boats winning the fall tournament that they were afraid of losing too many participants. They separated the pro's and the am's into different divisions last year for fall. (has been that way for the spring for years). Unfortunately there are not enough "pro's" on the bay to make the pro money be big.
Did they include Captain "Big Money" Carter on the 5th Tuition?? I hear he carries quite the purse!

Old 08-23-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako mike View Post
I'm out between two days at white Marlin open and two days at poor girls open I'm done until fall tournament season. Eight days of chasing billfish in tournaments and fun fishing about have my knees done. Need to recoup from the alchahol ( yes I was part of Going Deeps" $21,000.00 bar tab that's been floating around the internet) and being a pit monkey has me wore out! Fun was had but mating offshore is a young mans game ( I'm not) the 16-20 hour days of rigging baits, fishing, baby sitting charters, cleaning 68' foot boat at the end of each trip and doing it over the next day wears on you. Yes, sounds exciting, but someone's got to do it!
I hear ya Mike!! I didn't feel like doing just 1 day of the Poor Girls tourney and that was running a 34' boat, not even mating where the REAL work takes place. It's a young man's game and I'm sad to say I ain't one of them anymore ....