Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 08-09-2014, 06:03 AM

Default Friday LP area

Fished with 2 friends Friday morning in the LP area. Not as many fish around as the week before but we scratched out 4 up to 31" and 4 bluefish and 3 rays. The rays seemed to be in the 25 to 28 ' range so if you want them, be sure to fish shallow. The rock came in 38 - 40 ' range. 15 Tonys caught all fish.
Forgot to mention that we saw a few silver fish in the 20" range airing out. almost looked like Mackerel. Anybody else see them?

bhl (Bruce)

Last edited by bhl; 08-09-2014 at 06:10 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 08-09-2014, 01:21 PM

After a decent day with friends (and 5th ) on Thursday, I went back to LP area this am. Caught 5 nice fish from 27"-32". Pulled a variety of offerings but hose was the favorite. Most caught in shallower water, 30-38', and a few from the deep, 43-48'. Lost a small blue at the boat. All fish were clean/ no sores.

Stayed between the masses and worked fish pretty much by ourselves, how nice!! Maybe try again tomorrow, maybe not....

Old 08-09-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
After a decent day with friends (and 5th ) on Thursday, I went back to LP area this am. Caught 5 nice fish from 27"-32". Pulled a variety of offerings but hose was the favorite. Most caught in shallower water, 30-38', and a few from the deep, 43-48'. Lost a small blue at the boat. All fish were clean/ no sores.

Stayed between the masses and worked fish pretty much by ourselves, how nice!! Maybe try again tomorrow, maybe not....
Might see you out there tomorrow. That's really going to confuse some people (2 blue 36's). I'll have to raise the pink flag so people know who's who. I will have 3 women on board so pink is OK. I'll bet 5 bucks that we can catch more rays (skates) than you can.

bhl (Bruce)
Old 08-09-2014, 06:33 PM

How do you ever get a ray to the boat on a 15 Tony? That has to be a fight
5th
Old 08-09-2014, 08:50 PM

Friday was a very good day....It took till about 15 minutes before dark but I casted around the head of the Bodkin at caught stripers from 18 to 22 until about 10:00 PM....Was a ton of fun....

Also saw tons of crabs on the surface....Thinking the rockfish were targeting them and I was in the right place at the right time....

Getting a larger grade of fish near channel marker 11....In 25 to 30 foot of water....Got a few on a solo trip last week, caught a few with Scott as well...

Hope you all have a good week...I am heading up to Montauk early Monday morning....Fluke up in the 8 to 10 pound range are being caught, Sea Bass are in as well...Of course the blues and stripers are at a constant on this time of year there....If the weather holds we will try to get out in some blue water and look for a Mako or Thresher...Crossing my fingers....