Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 04-12-2014, 05:44 PM

Thumbs down NO love at LOVE POINT 4/6 and 4/12

Switching from TF to the new site and getting a report up!

Went out Sunday 4/6 to Love Point and work the incoming and outgoing high tide from 10am to 3pm with nothing to show. Calm as can be but the water quality was the worst I have seen it. Trolled 4 tandems off the boats with 2 deep tandem arm umbrellas. Good marks from the triple greens down to LOVE POINT in 30 to 45 foot of water but could not buy a bite. It sounds like everyone was having the same problem.

Went out today with a new additude and slighty new game plan. Ran both boards with Spoonbellas as the outside lines set at 100 and 120 feet back. Using large drone spoons and C/A as the main following bait. The umbrellas tracked well and looked great in the water. The thought was that could be seen easlier in the muddier water and attract a strike. The inside lines were light 2/4 oz tandems set at 5 and 8 bars back. The last two rods were off the boat. An un weighted umbrella rig set at 160 feet and a 20oz white umbrella with large storm shads as traillers set at 70 feet. Worked the dumping grounds hard from 8am to 2pm without a strike. Varied speed, depth of lures and distances. Did see one other boat catch a large cow.

Running out of ideas.

I think the water clarity is really what is keeping the catching way way down. The water looks great in the morning but when the tide started outgoing around Noon the mud returned.

Any thoughs,

Vinny
Old 04-12-2014, 08:13 PM

Vinny, I heard the water quality was bad up north, so I ran out of CB and went to the CP Buoy. The water was much nicer I didn't go out until 1 pm. so I figured the water had warmed and the sun was shining, so all 6 rods went off the boards.
We picked up two and had a good knockdown that didn't come tight

My information says it has been tough fishing Don't be discouraged, you weren't the only skunk out there today.

Keep plugging away.
5th (Marty)
Old 04-12-2014, 10:14 PM

Vinny, have a feeling north of the bridge is a wash with the mud the season. Still a lot of mud coming down from PA.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:00 PM

Default Lost two

Like you, got out for a couple hours this afternoon. Was really not far from you (+\- 1/2 mile from the bridge) and had two solid knock downs with real fish attached. Sadly we very quick released them! Honestly, the bait appears to only sort of be here. Give it a few weeks!

Old 04-13-2014, 07:28 AM

Same story in the same area. Half heartedly trolled 3 boat roads around the sewer pipe and up to Love Point. 0 fish but the water looked a hell of a lot better yesterday than a week ago.
Didn't mark much in 20-30' range. Better marks 50-60' but nothing too impressive anywhere that we were.