Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 06-14-2013, 11:04 AM

Default Surprise/Boat Graphics/Livelining

Yes, I have a whole lot to try to squeeze into one report. Here we go.........................Over the past few years I have met numerous people on this site and several have become very close friends. Phil, "Old No. 7" and Ryan "aya lax gunner" (and his entire family; dad, mom, grandad, and his 3 brothers, William, Daniel and Steven) are two such examples. While on an early season trip this year I mentioned to Phil and Ryan ,who were both on board that day, that I finally decided that I was going to name my boat "JUST ONE MORE", because I find myself saying this daily while fishing whether we need "just one more" for a limit or on days where we've caught a hundred and the bite has slowed and we want "just one more" before heading back in.

THE SURPRISE: Unknown to me, Phil and Ryan talked during and after our trip that day and came up with a wonderful surprise for this old man. Come to find out that Phil's sister Sarah, graduated college last year with a graphic design degree, and Ryan's family has some connections in the printing field. You can imagine how pleasantly surprised I was when the "boys" presented me with some beautifully designed, high quality (under armour like material) shirts designed with a picture of my boat and my newly chosen boat name......................................

Here is the front of the shirts............................

Here is the back of the shirts.............................

Dang, even an old guy like me can look pretty darn good in these shirts..............................

I can't thank Phil and Sarah, and Ryan and his family enough for such a wonderful gift.

GRAPHICS: I have shown my shirts to about 15 Tidal Fishers and the overwhelming response has been, "How do I get some made with a picture of my boat and my boat name?" I mentioned this to Sarah, so she has developed the following three (3) designs that you can have "customized" (your boat picture and your boat name) ..............................................

1)

2)

3)

If you are interested in having Sarah customize one of the above designs adding your boat picture and your boat name, or if you want Sarah to make a new design, she can be reached at sbietsch22@gmail.com

LIVELINING REPORT: Spot are around on just about every oyster bar. Yes, you will have to sift through perch and small croakers on some more than others, but spot are here in numbers. Bloodworms are still the ticket. Spot have been hitting bloodworms 10 to 1 vs fishbites as the water is still too cold for fishbites to work effectively. We have had a limit of overs and unders (with the unders being 25 to 27 inch fish) on nearly every trip. The entire western 30 foot ledge from the bay bridge down to bouy 85A has been very consistent. Concentrate your efforts in 30 to 36 feet of water. Just look for fish on the meter and drop spot to them. The poplar island area has also been very good. Good luck. Feel free to pm or call me should you need any assistance.....................Mark
Old 06-14-2013, 12:02 PM

Great post and niece tees Mark! I kind of like #3 the best. I just may hit you up for a little help if we ever get any joy from the wind and rain. Nice general intel in the mean time!

Don
Old 06-19-2013, 06:50 AM

That's a REALLY nice gift!!! A couple more designs and she could have you outfitted for the entire week

Any idea what the deal is for these shirts? You need to buy X number of them at $X each for them to print them. I can email her but thought you might know offhand. OR, I just need to take those guys fishing a bunch of times on my boat and they may do the same for me?

Old 06-19-2013, 07:29 PM

[QUOTE=Chessie27;15958]That's a REALLY nice gift!!! A couple more designs and she could have you outfitted for the entire week

Any idea what the deal is for these shirts? You need to buy X number of them at $X each for them to print them. I can email her but thought you might know offhand. OR, I just need to take those guys fishing a bunch of times on my boat and they may do the same for me? [/QUOTE

Good thing Bruce changed the name on his boat, his shirt would have been a photo of my a$$ painted blue (Blue Moon)
5th

p.s. Good thing Mark changed the name on his boat (Get Sum); I can think of a few graphics that would have gone with that
5th (Marty)
Old 06-19-2013, 08:45 PM

Hi Jeff,
I am not sure of the cost. The guys did it for me as a gift......didn't cost me a penny..................................Mark
Old 06-20-2013, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlag View Post
Hi Jeff,
I am not sure of the cost. The guys did it for me as a gift......didn't cost me a penny..................................Mark
Gotcha! I thought you might have ordered some extras from her, you know, to send out to all your CBA friends......?

Old 06-20-2013, 07:42 AM

[QUOTE=5th Tuition;15960]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
That's a REALLY nice gift!!! A couple more designs and she could have you outfitted for the entire week

Any idea what the deal is for these shirts? You need to buy X number of them at $X each for them to print them. I can email her but thought you might know offhand. OR, I just need to take those guys fishing a bunch of times on my boat and they may do the same for me? [/QUOTE

Good thing Bruce changed the name on his boat, his shirt would have been a photo of my a$$ painted blue (Blue Moon)
5th

p.s. Good thing Mark changed the name on his boat (Get Sum); I can think of a few graphics that would have gone with that
5th (Marty)
Marty,
That's just wrong. Funny, but wrong.

bhl (Bruce)
Old 06-20-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
Any idea what the deal is for these shirts? You need to buy X number of them at $X each for them to print them. I can email her but thought you might know offhand.
I contacted her about the shirts. She sells you the design work and you then take the design to someone to have shirts made. I really liked design #3 and, since I have the same boat as Mark, it was cool to see how my boat would actually look. The price for the design ($200), although too rich for my blood, might be right in line with what others charge....
Old 06-20-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakaway View Post
I contacted her about the shirts. She sells you the design work and you then take the design to someone to have shirts made. I really liked design #3 and, since I have the same boat as Mark, it was cool to see how my boat would actually look. The price for the design ($200), although too rich for my blood, might be right in line with what others charge....
Great, Thanks for the info. I have no idea if that's inline or not. If I personally had to draw it, it would take about a month for me to make it and it would look like hell so it sounds like $200 is a bargain!! May look into this...

Old 10-08-2013, 05:18 PM

I just wanted to follow up on this, since I had Sarah do a couple of designs for me. She really wants the business and has adjusted her prices to make it very affordable. She's very professional and was awesome to work with throughout the process.

Anyone interested in seeing there boat on a shirt, REALLY needs to contact Sarah sbietsch22@gmail.com

Crappy cell phone pic (colors are actually much brighter), but you get the idea...