Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 07-28-2016, 05:28 AM

Default Wednesday on the mud flats

Took a group of guys out Wednesday for a chumming trip. Ended up anchoring on the mud flats between LP bouy and Baltimore Light. Pleanty of action and got our 8 fish limit by 9:00 up to 31". Fished in 28' of water. Out going tide and a soft north breeze made it easy to chum. Went trolling some spoon bars at Swan Point for some blues but only got 1 16" blue. Spent the rest of the day cleaning chum and blood off of the boat.

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)
Old 07-28-2016, 10:22 PM

I've been really busy lately, but thanks to your text about your day, my friend Lou and I went out today. Same area; pretty much the same results.

With the weather man not sure about the morning conditions, we decided to wait and see what the morning was like. My phone rang at 6:30 with Lou saying let's go

We put in at Sandy Point and headed for the fleet. The tide was just ending (outgoing) when we dropped lines. Nothing happened until the turn (incoming). We had three lines out (chunking,not chumming). All three were on the bottom.

I kept seeing fish on the meter about 5-10 ft off the bottom, so I sent one straight down and wound up a few cranks to put it in the "danger zone". It immediately got hit. Switched over to just two rods just off bottom and had a hard time keeping the lines in the water.

Caught 7 fish (kept 4) and had a few come unglued while fighting. Nothing big (21-23 inches); but all clean with no sores. That's good for this time of the year with water this warm

It was getting hot, so we packed it in and loaded the boat. Boy the temps go up when you hit land

We called Lou's wife and told her to put a couple of beers in the freezer, we would be home in about 30-45 minutes)

Luckily, we took Lou's boat. He has to clean up the boat after chunking. I came home, cut the lawn, and showered. In the shower, I found pieces of cut bait sticking to my legs from fish flopping around and throwing bait everywhere while we unhooked them.

I was once again reminded why I try to troll, liveline, or jig most of my fish.

Fun day. I don't know when I will get back out. Busy packing my daughter for her move to Chicago to teach at North Central College. I'll sneak out again when it cools down
5th