Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 12-08-2012, 12:07 PM

Default 12/7 Solomons

We launched out of Solomons yesterday and dropped lines in around the HI marker. My intentions to troll south looking for fish changed as there was a large fleet of boats to our south and no one to the north. We also had an incoming tide and I typically prefer to troll with the current until I find bait and then circle into the current to stay on it. We didnt find the bait on the surface we found on Monday but we found a few small pockets in deeper water that we worked hard. We end up going 3 for 5 with fish from 35"-37". We lost what we thought was a big fish due a line break (two trips in a row with a line break ). The line broke within the pole so I think I have a bad guide. It snapped 50lb braid on a deep white umbrella out 75' with 24oz of inline in 100'+ of water. The other missed fish was on a 21 Tony with 4oz inline way out the back. The fish just came unglued. The three boated fish all came off of planerboards and tandem rigs. All were on AllTackle's bloody point baits. One was dressed with a 12" chartruse shad and the other two 9"ers, one green glitter and one white. I am hoping for one more trip during the Maryland season before friday but it will have to be next Thurs-Sat at the soonest due to my schedule.

Here is shot of my fish finder showing some of bait we found in deep water and my tracks off of 76 (earlier we were finding the some small pockets up higher in water column). The other is the two college kids who help lead the middle school boys bible study at my church with me with each of the fish they caught. I also had a future Judge owner on board who rounded out my crew.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1272012.jpg (94.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg danpeter.jpg (86.5 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by B-Faithful; 12-08-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:31 PM

Nice work!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:13 PM

Glad you got a few, Greg. Heard it was a tough bite around HI yesterday, so it sounds like you did well. I had planned to fish that area today but, after hearing the reports and knowing it would probably be a bigger parking lot on a Saturday, I decided to stay south. Turned out to be a good decision.

Second day this fall that I fished in the fog. I might give you a call to get some advice on a radar setup.