Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-09-2016, 08:00 AM

Default Reality check

As I sit here on balcony in 77 degree weather at 0845 in Bahamas it's time to return. Weather here has been fabulous all week with plenty of sun and temps in low to mid eighties. But like you, have been struggling with winds 20-30 knts all week.was kept off the water all week. Fished the bahama banks on Friday and man what a slow day, only hooked up with one blue marlin estimated at around 300# got about 30 yards from the stern and after 45 minute battle began freight training away from boat and threw hook. Since leader was never touched, not a catch but had the blood going for awhile. Funny thing is the weather gods must be feeling my pain to be leaving such a beautiful place because it has now started raining! I guess I'll be seeing you all next weekend for the big opener! Not so bad though in exactly one month I'll be in the keys with "good luck" Jay chasing tarpon in the shallows! Weather gods permitting that is!
Old 04-09-2016, 09:23 AM

Even though we couldn't get out, I was hoping your luck was better Sounds like you had at least one good day on the water; same here last Friday (I think)

Looks like tomorrow will be fishable with the Mr Buddy heater (burr). I'll be trying to put a couple of fish on film

Good luck on the flight back to a chilly and windy Maryland.
5th