Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-10-2009, 01:39 PM

I am Jerry Swartz, 56 and married for 30 years and live in Rockville, MD. I have two adult children (25 & 22). I work in the data warehousing business.

Started fishing the bay in 1978 with an English guy who taught me a lot about fishing in general. Once children came along I stopped for about 10 years. When I started again I fished the upper Potomac for smallmouth for 15 years and am now back on the bay. I start fishing in mid March and stop about mid December.

I have a 23' Boston Whaler Conquest 235 and fish out of the Rhode River. You can usually find me between the Bridge and Breezy Point and points east of them. As for type of fishing I like to troll, ltj, live line and bottom fish.

I don't fish in the winter but I do like target shooting with a shotgun. I shoot trap, skeet and sporting clays. Still get to shoot the bull with buddys.

I also like to do wood turning. My favorite projects here are segmented bowls, regular bowls, platters and goblets. Haven't tried turning top water plugs but might.

Jerry
'06 Boston Whaler Conquest 235
Rhode River

Last edited by swartj; 11-10-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:43 PM

Hello. Jeff Dearborn here. I'm 44 and I live in Severna Park. I've been married for 14 years have a 10 year old girl and a soon to be 9 year old boy. They have been my main fishing buddies since I purchased my 1st boat in July. I'm an F&I guy in the car business going on 21 years now.

I bought a new Key West 211 CC Bluewater and keep it at my inlaws pier on Greenwood Creek on the back side of Eastern Bay. I've been fishing all of my life. I've caught mahi mahi in Hawaii, fly fished in Colorado, caught black drum in Galveston and caught salmon and trout in Lake Michigan. But I like the Chesapeake Bay the best. The biggest rockfish (42")I ever caught was on Capt. Greg Buckner's boat Miss Susie. (I saw his name mentioned here)

I look forward to learning a lot from the people here. I want catch some of those monsters headed this way on my own boat.

Last edited by BreezyDog; 11-10-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:00 PM

My turn, Rick Walter 52 married and retired. I have 2 daughters 16 and 27.

I have been around boats since I was a kid. My dad liked the Solomans Island area, many memories from White Sands and the Ranch Club. My boat is a 2006 22' Sea Hunt DC with a Yamaha 225. I just started to try fishing again, I have a lot to learn. I do know how to catch crabs with a trotline

Hey Josh did you ever raise your motor or add tabs?
Old 11-10-2009, 05:17 PM

Jeff Streett, I will be 53 this Sunday, Nov. 15.
Married 25 + years to a beautiful woman.
Home- Fallston, (Harford County), MD.
Son 21, daughter, 20, both in college. Terrific kids.

My "User Name" is 240 LTS on every site.
I'm on my 4th boat, a Triton 240 LTS (center console) with a 250 Verado, Minn Kota trolling motor and Lowrance electronics.

Fish for bass and stripers...mostly stripers....on the upper, upper bay. Pooles Island and north. Gotta go south to the BB or the CBBT soon.
Have been fishing seriously since 1985, got my Captains license Jan. 6, 1992.

I'm a LTGer at heart. I have some trolling equipment but never really have used it yet.

I am willing to share anything I can and take anyone here fishing.
Looking forward to meeting all of you.

I hope this site does not become one of those that if your not in the "click" you can forget about getting responses to your post.

Thank you for this site,
Jeff

My 240

On the Flats, May 09

Triton 240 LTS, 250 Verado
Upper, Upper Bay
Light tackle

Last edited by 240 LTS; 11-10-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:28 PM

Hi, Jeff Newell here. I'm born and raised in Chestertown,MD. I work in sales for a local manufacturer and cover Viginia to Maine. With all this travel, I don't get out on the water nearly enough. I'm usually on a yellow hulled Judge 27' Chesapeake named "Sales Call" that I keep on the Chester River just above C-town. Married to a wife that LOVES boating (even fishing sometimes) and have 2 great dogs that love to boat as well. I hope to be able to get out fishing a bit more in the future. Surprisingly, the better I get at actually "catching" fish, the easier it is to find time to go. If you see me out, I try to monitor 68 but find myself usually turning it off fairly quickly. Just come by and toss me a sandwich or something, I'll stop.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:40 PM

Hi, I'm Phil Krausz. Getting ready to turn 53 in about a month. Born and bred in Canton area of Baltimore and recently moved to Essex.

Been fishing the bay proper since about 1978 mostly for rock and blues and fished all the rivers on the upper western shore before that for bass, crappie and perch. Thought I knew how to catch fish until this year, which has been a humbling year on the water for me.

I will fish pretty much any method, trolling, drift and bottom fishing, chumming, topwater, casting lures and have been giving LTJ more attention this year with limited success.

I am an electricain by trade working in manufacturing, maintaining and troubleshooting litho and can making equipment.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:43 PM

I'm Joe Dirt. I was born without the top of my skull and I guess a little bit of my brains was showin' and it was grossin' everybody out so my mom put a wig on me to cover it up and then the bones grew together and it got all infused and entwined. I drive a Hemi Roadrunner and once found a sweet meteor with a space peanut in it. I accidentally made out with my hot sister.

I also post on another board as "MartinM". He's supposedly 36 years old, married, lives in Rockville with a cool-ass wife, 6 year old daughter, and 3 year old son. He fishes out of Solomons on a 26' Sailfish WAC and wishes he had a chance to do so more often. He works a lot for a small, local coffee company, but gets to travel to cool places and fish there every once in a while.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:43 PM

Thumbs up I feel like I'm in a confessional

I'm Jamaal Brown and I'll turn 32 in December. I've been married for 11 years to my wife Rhonda and we have three children together, oldest boy is 15 and the twins are 9. If you choose to do the math please keep it to yourself, I'm soooo tired of hearing it . I was born and raised in Landover, Md and and joined the USAF right out of HS. Returned to Maryland and joined Steamfitters Local 602 and have been doing commercial HVAC ever since. I was once an amateur boxer back in my day, but now I'm pretty much a fat fisherman. I currently reside in AA county near Deale and have plans to hook up with goinfishin, Baldzilla, Drichitt, and Mlag at some point to do some fishing, hopefully sooner before later.

I'll pretty much fish for anything that swims and I really don't have a preferred method although I do tend to troll, jig, and bait(worms)fish more often than anything else. I do try to get out-of-town to fish a least a couple times per year, usually to OC or to the CBBT and those are almost always suicide trips(down and back in same day). My father introduced me to fishing as a child, but I've only been seriously fishing the bay since 2006, quite the rookie compared to some of you! I fish a Triumph 215cc w/ Honda BF150.

You're more likely to see me at the Rod-n-Reel ramp than anywhere else so if you catch me there please introduce yourself, I've met nothing but good people from fishing sites and I'd like to meet many more.

Great thread Mark, thanks for posting.

Thanks Jim for hosting this site, it seems like it's working great so far.

Happy 53rd B-day Jeff.

-JB

PS-Please fill out your profile and add a pic, it's nice to put a face with a name.

Last edited by Hakuna Matata; 11-10-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:11 PM

Jim Catterton 38 yrs old live in edgewater maryland. I am married and have a 3 year old son jake. Boat is a 2008 27 judge built by the master bill judge. Boat name is "Power Play" as i grew up playing hockey since the age of 4. Been working on my wife kelley on the rockfishing but she is hooked on offshore.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:49 AM

Hey Jim (Powerplay)............Cindy wants to know if you play hockey.......Why do you have a picture of a golf club on the back of your boat? Talk to you soon buddy......................Mark