Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-17-2011, 07:53 AM

I only got to a few marinia's yesterday and it looked like there was lots of debris between the boats in the slips (grasses, sticks,logs). However, the boats that were running the creek were full throttle. Most of the trash has been pushed (either by boat wake or wind) to the river banks.
The bay still looks muddy, but the tributaries seem to be clearing. I guess there is still mud behind the flood gates.
This week is suposed to be pretty dry, so maybe the bay will be clearing as well.
I still plan to trailer south looking for my fish later this week.
5th
Old 09-17-2011, 03:50 PM

So couple of points...

In our creek most of the debris is against the shore...A few pieces here and there in the main areas but boat traffic was not hindered at all by anything in the water...

A lot of the big stuff seems to be disappearing, where its went is anyones guess...As long as it does not rupture the bottom of my boat, I dont care...

Water actually looked cleaner and less "chocalatey"...It is still bad, but it looks like the clearing has begun....

Caught a few fish in about an hour on artificials....
Old 09-18-2011, 09:09 AM

Yesterday we spent the morning removing debris from our neighborhood's main beach.

Some had worked on it during the week, but we still had enormous logs washing up on the shore. By evening, most of the big crap had stopped coming in and the water out in the Magothy looked a whole lot better than it has.

I'm sure there's still plenty of navigational hazards, but as long as you're not driving your boat like an idiot, the days of running out at idle speed might be behind us.