Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 11-18-2016, 06:39 AM

Default A not so great Thursday

Left the dock in my boat with CB angler 5th Tuition at 7:15. Headed out to the Brewerton / Eastern Shore area to look for the birds that have been there for weeks. Couldn't find birds so we threw a 6 rod trolling spread of bucktails and storm shads over and trolled for 30 minutes until we saw some birds swarming to the south. Pulled lines and chased birds for an hour but couldn't find any fish under the birds. Ended up running into the Patapsco and started trolling the edges of the channel. Ended up with one 23" fish and 2 shorts. Bait was spread out and not alot of fish marked. Legal fish was caught in 19' of water on umbrella with bucktails. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. Always great to get out and fish with friends.

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)
Old 11-18-2016, 07:24 AM

As you know I keep one of my boats at Atlantic Marina Resort and the boats fishing out of there have had very dismal reports from that area. Everyone has been marking bait but fish have been hard to come by. As a matter of fact the bait has been so thick, there has been a flock of around 20 brown pelicans dive bombing bait balls at the mouth of the ptap. A lot of these guys have been going just south of range lights and picking at fish to 30". I know this info is a day late but I'm sure you still had a good time. If your not catching fish with Marty working the pit, they just are not there to be caught!
Old 11-18-2016, 07:15 PM

With just Bruce and I on the boat, it was on of those "information" days. Lets go check out what's happening. Are there a lot of leaves fouling the baits, are fish working under birds, is the bait still in the upper bay, can we pull a few keepers out of the mix for dinner, is there anything to jig on instead of trolling, how deep is the entrance to Atlantic Marine Resort, and can we lay a track down so Bruce can follow it in after the tournament; all these questions and more were answered.

Fishing with Bruce is always a low pressure affair. We take what nature provides She provided a stiffer wind than forecasted in the morning, for sure

I just enjoy getting on someone else's ride for a change and seeing how they run their boat. I always pick up a tip or two from other fishermen. Todays tip was, put lots of ice on your beer to make it super cold when you return to the dock Oh, and when the dock water is turned off, keep a bucket of fresh water at the slip to wash your windows after a "salty" trip.

I have to say; the heat in the cabin was a nice change of pace too

Thanks Bruce for the invite.
5th