Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 11-10-2016, 06:10 PM

Default Nov 9 2016

Absolutely fantastic day.

We took a fun trip on Capt. John's 46 Markley (Patent Pending) out of Deale. The weather forecast was for a horrible weather day. It was supposed to rain all day and winds over 20 in the early afternoon

It was drizzling when we left the dock at 6:30am, and it did rain a little harder while we ran to the bay. Luckily, a warm large cabin held us all for donuts and small talk while we looked for birds in the dark gray skies.

We found some great bait (not hard to do right now) and a few marks mixed in, so we dropped lines. Not much action, so we picked up and ran again looking for birds. Found birds (little lier birds, gulls, and pelicans). Thought this was going to be the place Turns out to be little rock with small trout on the bottom.

After jigging these for a while, we picked up again. Somebody spotted bird activity and when we put the binoculars on them, they we working gannets, lots of them

We put out the trolling rods and picked up fish from 26-35 inches Rods couldn't stay in the water!! Quickly got our limit in the box and broke out the jigging rods.

What a special time. Twice, we had six rods hooked up with keeper fish. Doug, who mated on John's boat after I left was with us. We ran around netting everyones fish. We certainly fished too, but sometimes we had to put our rod (with fish on) in the rod holder to net another fish for someone else!! Additionally, he would net my catch, and I would net his when we got our prey close to the boat.

Doug now mates on Backdraft out of Deal, and he showed us some things that have been working for them over the last couple of weeks. Those secrets stay safe with us Thanks Doug

The pics show the gannet show (you will have to zoom in to see it clearly), and some of the fish we were catching.

This is the first time I have run into these fish. I have been catching "average" fish 22-25 inches under birds. But these were under ALL gannets.

5th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2211.jpg (91.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2212.jpg (90.1 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2213.jpg (88.7 KB, 32 views)
Old 11-10-2016, 09:11 PM

Sounds like an all around Fantastic trip!!! Congrats.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:18 AM

Wow. Nice work guys.

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)
Old 11-11-2016, 07:09 AM

Talking

Certainly sounded like a fintastic day on the water! I guess I'll have to make a trip to Verizon as it seems my phone never rings?