Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-26-2012, 02:22 PM

Default Kent Island

Anyone going to the Kent Island flea market this weekend? I'll be there Saturday afternoon.

www.DCMSSA.org
Twitter: @DCMSSA
www.facebook.com/DCMSSA

23' SeaCraft, Twin E-Tec 150s
Old 01-26-2012, 03:55 PM

Hope to be there Sat.
5th
Old 01-26-2012, 04:46 PM

I have a basketball game in Edgewater at 10, so I hope to be there by 12:30 or so.

My aunt has a nice pond on her property that I might fish for a few minutes if its nice out.....and its not frozen over. Since she lives just off of rte 8 it's only 5 minutes away.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77 View Post
I have a basketball game in Edgewater at 10, so I hope to be there by 12:30 or so.

My aunt has a nice pond on her property that I might fish for a few minutes if its nice out.....and its not frozen over. Since she lives just off of rte 8 it's only 5 minutes away.
With the temps and rain today I can't imagine the pond being frozen over. See you guys Saturday afternoon.

www.DCMSSA.org
www.facebook.com/DCMSSA

Old 01-27-2012, 10:30 AM

Scott and I should be there by 1:30....
Old 01-28-2012, 04:45 AM

Everyone please stop and say hi. It will be a good time.

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot
Old 01-28-2012, 02:57 PM

Just got back from the KI Flea Market and it was certainly held on a good day ( 52* and sunny).

Rob has parachutes that are (in my opinion) the best at the event. Also; I just found out that he is selling sassy shads this year (6 and 12 inches) at a great price.

Wayne Morgan was at Tylers booth and he's always a wealth of information.

Capt. Charlie Sisson (Backdraft) had a booth and I found out the MD Charter Boat Association is holding a seminar April 1st at the Annapolis Elks Lodge (no this isn't an April Fools joke). Price is 35 now or 40 at the door (price does include lunch). Pick up a flyer for what is being covered in the seminars.

Bumped into Capt. Steve Goins (Stormy Petral) and got the low down on Capt. George. As most of you know, his house burned badly and he broke his hip trying to escape. He is home (not the one that burned) and in a wheel chair. Keep him in your prayers.

Capt. Chuck Fisher and his bride Sarah had a corner of the room with his tackle and his great fishing bobbers. I told him I was at Bass Pro the other day and as I was walking past an aisle, I heard his distinguished voice and had to find the monitor playing his cd. He and Sarah were in Virginia catching stripers with eels (off bobbers) and then trolling.

Veenie was there with her custom embroidery and I ordered another shirt from her. She did some nice custom work for a fishing club I belong to with shirts and hats.

Rick Long (Fishoff Gloves) was there. I did a seminar for MSSA Broadneck Chapter on Fish Handlers Disease and he was there with me selling gloves. I have since done another seminar for the MSSA Dorchester County chapter, and I was telling him that over half the audience knew someone who had contracted either Fishhandlers or been infected with Vibro. All good reasons to wear gloves of some sort when handling fish. If you C/R, just grip the lip while in the water and release the fish without removing any of the protective "fish slime" from their body.

Last, but not least, I saw the Line X guy that did my new truck and Lou's new truck as well.

We left before Scott and Mike got there because I spent all of my beer allowance last week at the Green Turtle. As we came back across the bridge, I looked for Skips boat pulling his shark boards near Sandy Point's Polar Bear Plunge; but didn't see him.

The flea market is open again tomorrow if you couldn't get there today. Spend some of that money you've been building up in your pocket since the season ended (Dec 15th).
5th (Marty)
Old 01-28-2012, 04:41 PM

Sorry we missed you Marty, but we certainly heard about your presence and saw the aftermath.

And it was nice of them to put up that warning sign for us...."Caution....Slow Fishermen Ahead"

I dropped about $50 today....that's about my limit for fun stuff right now.

If anyone goes tomorrow, make sure you go to the building out back too.I found a good deal on some obscure lures that I use a lot. We were leaving when I noticed the sign for the "Sportsman Liquidators" in the other building.

Picked up another heavy Mojo for $10...Bass Pro wants $18 for them so that was probably my best deal of the day.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:04 AM

My son Jake and I had fun at the KI show. I bought a couple dozen lures from Binnacle Tackle. Rick and his wife Theresa are great, and their tackle is tops. I also bought parachutes from Gary at Spanking Stripers, Wayne Morgan, and some other dude who had some decent looking lures. I also bought one more dummy line spring from Tylers. My son spent his $5 on a pack of 6" calcutta shad. We rolled out when the shooting started. I dont think I support selling beer and vodka at a shooting range.

www.DCMSSA.org
www.facebook.com/DCMSSA

Old 01-31-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bend-Lure View Post
My son Jake and I had fun at the KI show. I bought a couple dozen lures from Binnacle Tackle. Rick and his wife Theresa are great, and their tackle is tops. I also bought parachutes from Gary at Spanking Stripers, Wayne Morgan, and some other dude who had some decent looking lures. I also bought one more dummy line spring from Tylers. My son spent his $5 on a pack of 6" calcutta shad. We rolled out when the shooting started. I dont think I support selling beer and vodka at a shooting range.
You know you're on the shore when you hear, "Hold my beer and watch this."

Hopefully they have good Range Officers keeping things under control.

I worry more about the ones that show up drunk. If I see them drinking while there I KNOW it's time to leave. Hard to with some people.