Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 05-23-2011, 07:18 AM

Default May 21 Worlds End Fishing Report

Well the world didn't end on Saturday but the Trophy season sure seemed too!

We launched out of Solomon's at 5:45am expecting calm seas and a blow of 5K. What we had was 2' chop with a few white caps blowing 15k. Sloppy but still doable in my 19' Twin Vee.

Ran down to Hoopers Light area hoping to repeat last Sunday's results. Slowed down looking for marks and very few showing up. There was three charters in the area working with all of the passengers inside the cabin. So it looked like slow fishing and we decided to head further south. We kept stopping and looking untill we ended up at Point Lookout where everyone else that was fishing in the lower bay was it seemed.

I was marking fish pretty good so we decided to put out the 11 rod spread.
6 planer lines (3 tandems 2 -4oz 6" shad / 2oz 4 " shad, 3 chutes 2 - 2 oz 9" shad and 1 4oz 4" shad) 4 Boat rods (2 umbrellas 1 12" with tandem 9" & 6" shad, 1 6" with 6" shad. 2 surgical hoses red, white) 1 WWB 2oz chute 9" shad.

Trolled for 5 hours E/W pattern and it was relatively slow. Ended up catching 24" on Chartruse tandem 2oz 4" shad, 22" on white hose no2 planer. We had at least 6 knock downs but just couldn't hook up. Both of the fish we did catch were in 45' of water.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:53 AM

I fished sunday out of st jeromes creek. We fished the 72 area andmanaged 4 overs and 7 or 8 unders. The stormbrellas were hot catching all of our unders and one over But the bluefish are around. Sunday was very light for boat traffic.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:49 AM

Two fish, in five hours, with 11 rods out.....

Time to put the broom sticks away and get Jiggy With It....

Thanks for the report.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:25 PM

I know Saturday it was an EARLY bite, at least for me. I fished in the same area as you. We caught 3 nice overs by 7:30am and then it shut down. Fished 4 more hours and only caught one more fish. I think Brian is right, time to put away the big stuff.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:26 PM

Yep i figured I missed the bite with seeing all the boats in the area with little action. It is funny how far you run looking for fish without knowing it. It was like a 1 1/2 hour run back to Solomons on a tough chop facing the wind.

I agree with Blakesdad time to start jigging... it is a lot more fun anyway.