Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 10-10-2015, 10:36 AM

Default 10/6 and 10/7

10/13

Had about 2 hours to head out in the evening with my oldest...No trolling just looking for birds to cast into...Spent a good amount of time looking but once we found birds (as Marty says Birds=Fish) we caught to our hearts content...Belvedere near the channel edges and the Snake Reef area were the best spots...The real action started as the sun went down and we stayed on fish for about 30 minutes after the sun disappeared. I am sure we pulled more than 3 dozen fish with the largest being only 18 and most were 16 to 18...Tons of fun on ultra lights though...Rattle Traps and Drone Spoons were money....

10/7

Finally got a chance to hit the water with Scott (how we both managed a day off in the middle of the week is beyond me)...We started out trolling a few rods around Love Point as we saw bait on the sonar...Gave that up after only 30 minutes and no bites...I said to Scott let's just look for birds...Got just north of the sewer pipe and found our first pod of fish and had about 20 minutes worth of good action, worked towards the bridge and saw lots of smaller bait but no fish, headed towards Matepeake and saw nothing, then headed towards the mouth of the Severn but no birds and not much on the sonar. Said to heck with below the bridge and started seeing bait as we past Sandy Point Light. Caught a few south of Baltimore light, left there for Belvedere and started seeing bait everywhere...Most of the pods did not give up fish but we picked up a few here and there...As we got closer to the channel we started picking up more fish, then as the sun started to go down we were between the north range marker and Green Can #1 the bait started to explode. For an hour and a half it sounded like a thunderstorm on the water....We cast everything beetlespins, drone spoons, rattle traps, jig heads with twister tails, cleo spoons, you name it and caught on everything we threw...We finally got tired of catching fish (can you believe I said that ?) and I decided to work on my top water popper skills, even after the bait broke up I was able to entice bites on almost every cast...It is amazing watching the fish line up the top water lure, break the surface and take the lure, just nothing like that explosion. Scott was even catching by running small spoons quickly across the top of the water...

We stopped counting after 80 fish....Most were around 17 to 18 inches (a little better than the night before) and the largest was 22...

Hoping to get out today and tomorrow but will be out tomorrow no matter what...If you are out there give me a shout...I will more than likely be the only Sailfish with a blue hull you will see....

Good luck to all....Looks like its going to be a really good October.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:32 AM

Default Not a very good picture....

Found it on my phone....Tried to get a few good pics of the birds but the fishing was so fun I didn't put much effort into the pics.

Thank you nice birdies.....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg birds.jpg (29.4 KB, 16 views)