Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-03-2009, 02:49 PM

My name is Dung Nguyen. I am a married 37 year old with 2 daughters, age 7 and 1. I grew up in the Fairfax County, VA area most of my life and currently live in Chantilly, VA. I am a Financial Systems Analyst. I did most of my fishing on land before I bought my first boat late last year. Early fall I found that my glastron boat had a big crack in the transom so I decided to get another. Cost to fix was more then what I bought the boat for. Found a great deal on a 2000 Angler 26' CC with dual Suzuki 150 outboards. It is now parked in a slip at Calvert Marina at Solomons, MD. I am still fairly new at fishing off the boat so I have lots to learn. Had the opportunity to fish with Jerry and Don from this site and they were very helpful and taught me alot. Very nice and friendly guys. Told Don I had to drive 1 hour just so I can fish with him and his jaw dropped. Told him that was a short drive. Solomons is almost a 2 hour drive for me and I have been doing that almost all summer long...........

very nice to meet everyone here.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:27 PM

Welcome Dung. I have to drive an hour as well. My surprised look was that you had to carry those fish for an hour without being on ice. Glad it was a fairly cool day. I would suggest bringing a cooler when you sign on as a HO. Gotta think positive; or did you have doubts?...Don
Old 12-03-2009, 09:06 PM

Hi guys -

Lot's of familiar friends have shown up here - glad I could join in where all the "cool kids" hang out .

My name is Ralph Meloy ( a.k.a. rem1224 on the other site). I live in Bowie, MD - been there over 20 years now - although I spend a lot of time on our farm property in Upper Marlboro where I grew up. Married to Gail for 30 years now (time flies!!) We have 2 boys - 1 in college, other one just got married in August.

I've been in the financial and computer fields for my whole carreer - worked in commercial lending at a couple of local banks, then got into private industry where there is a little less "government regulation" .

I've been fishing since I was about 10 - grew up fishing the Patuxent River from Waysons Corner to Benedict. The water in the river was actually clean back then - we'd actually catch crabs right off the dock near Rt 4.! Have owned several boats over the years - currently have a Trophy 2002WA. Next boat will have to wait until the college bills stop coming in . Usually fish out of Sandy Point or Chesapeake Beach.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:56 AM

Hi, my name is Rob Schou (Grizzdog on the other site). I am 26 years old and a teacher in St. Mary's County. I normally fish out of Solomons, Buzz's, or PLO. Look forward to using and contributing to the site.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:23 AM

Welcome aboard Ralph. Was wondering if you were ever going to make it over. Dang you old guys are really slow Talk to you soon buddy........Mark
Old 12-05-2009, 10:41 AM

Alright Ralph. Now the party can begin....Don
Old 12-05-2009, 03:09 PM

Default Introduction

Hello everyone, my name is Eric and I live in Easton MD. I am married and have 4 children. All of them like to fish unless it is real cold. My son Hunter will go if its -40. I am a Pastor of a Church and a supervisor at UPS. I have fished with Skip a couple of times and took a ride on B-Faithful with Greg. I love to fish during the week and have a 20' Sea Ray Sport. One day I would love to have a 27 Judge (Chesapeake). Looking forward to getting to know some people out on the water!

Easton MD
Old 12-07-2009, 02:48 PM

Thumbs up Where am I??

Hi, My name is Andy and I'm a recovering & recurring fish-a-holic! Just sounded like I was sposed to "open" up with that line.....

Anyways, Good to see some same screen names carried over from the "dark" side.

Beth & I just finished (took 3+ years) building our house (and other essential BS) in Cordova, MD. It's been ALOT of work and alot of non-fishing w-ends. But now it's GAME ON!!! Gonna take every opportunity to catch'em before the season is out. Heading to CBBT this w-end if the wxman will let us play.

We ride around on a GW 222 Fisherman Center Console from the Chester to the CBBT and anywhere in between...ya cant miss us!!
Old 12-07-2009, 02:53 PM

Just checkin sig....

GW 222
Old 12-08-2009, 06:32 PM

Hi Gang!!!!! Lot's of familar names over here.

My name is Shawn Fisher. I'm 30 years young. I was born and bred in the flooring industry. Reside in Dundalk, Md and fish mostly on the Patasco river and points south. Boat is a 2005 Sea pro 22cc " Strikezone " Love to troll year round, but gave Ltj a try this summer and enjoyed it.

Regards,
Shawn Fisher