Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-20-2017, 05:36 PM

Default Holy Mackeral Tackle

Hey guys;
I'm always looking for sources of tackle. Sometimes you can't find things, or the store is out of an item; so today, Bruce and I rode down near Ches. Beach to search out Holy Mackeral Tackle.
Jerry runs his business out of his home basement. I would imagine that cuts down on overhead cost, and he passes some discounts along to his customers.
You can find him on Facebook and occasionally on Craigslist.
Bruce and I each picked up some things we needed. The best way to describe the prices are "show" prices all the time.
Ande' line, Suffix line, shads, terminal tackle (snap swivels etc.) all decent prices.

I still like to patronize some of the "stores" for my supplies, but if you have difficulty finding something you need, this is another option.

My favorite stores are Totchermans, Clydes, Marty's, and Tylers. With the "off season" quickly approaching, please visit these tackle stores to buy a few things and "shoot the breeze" with the owners.
5th
Old 11-20-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Hey guys;
I'm always looking for sources of tackle. Sometimes you can't find things, or the store is out of an item; so today, Bruce and I rode down near Ches. Beach to search out Holy Mackeral Tackle.
Jerry runs his business out of his home basement. I would imagine that cuts down on overhead cost, and he passes some discounts along to his customers.
You can find him on Facebook and occasionally on Craigslist.
Bruce and I each picked up some things we needed. The best way to describe the prices are "show" prices all the time.
Ande' line, Suffix line, shads, terminal tackle (snap swivels etc.) all decent prices.

I still like to patronize some of the "stores" for my supplies, but if you have difficulty finding something you need, this is another option.

My favorite stores are Totchermans, Clydes, Marty's, and Tylers. With the "off season" quickly approaching, please visit these tackle stores to buy a few things and "shoot the breeze" with the owners.
5th
"Small Business Saturday" is this weekend.

Speaking of Mackerel lures...5 or 6 years ago I was fishing out of Cape Coral and we were snagging up some bait to catch shark and Goliath Grouper. We found a bunch of breaking fish and my buddy threw me a rod with a jig head on it. I said "What plastic do I use?" and he said "Just throw the f'ing jig head out and burn it through the water!"

Sure enough we were catching Ladyfish and Spanish Mac faster than we knew what to do with them all......dozens and dozens of fish were flopping around on the deck.

It was amazing.

Back to the shops.....I'm with you, Marty. I prefer to give my money to people that care instead of some faceless retail monster. So far Island Tackle on Kent Island has done me well even though I've spent way more time in there than money.