Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 08-31-2017, 06:31 AM

Default 2017 CBA Challenge

I ran accross Marty and Lolo last evening on the water and Marty asked if there was going to be a Challange this fall. The answer is yes same date, Saturday after thanksgiving. I have been extremely busy on a project at work this summer and also had to mate a couple offshore tournaments this summer. As a lot of you are aware Coconut Charlie's is closed due to a fire and Atlantic Marina Resort has stepped up and again offered us their grounds for the cookout and awards ceremony. I will post additional details shortly. Sorry for not putting this up earlier. I would also like to thank Marty and Lolo for calling me in on a bite last night. Although we arrived late we did manage to troll up several throw backs and one keeper. Stay tuned!
Old 09-01-2017, 07:12 AM

Thanks Mike for the clarification. With Coconut Charlie's fire, I wasn't sure the competition was still a go
I assumed you applied for the necessary permit

I hope to make it again this year. We are talking about visiting my daughter in North Carolina (and our then to be 9 month old granddaughter) for Thanksgiving.

With the way things are going in this Country, this might be the last celebrating of Thanksgiving. Those damn Pilgrims landing and destroying the serene landscape and culture of the indigenous people. Columbus' stature came down in Maryland, I may need to ride to New England and chip off a piece of Plymouth Rock before it's removed

Oh hell, this post took a left turn

Back to fishing, I can't say there are lots of big fish out there, but legal fish from Bodkin Creek all the way south to the false channel for anyone willing to put some time in with binoculars and fishing rods

Thanks to my support system (friends spread around the bay who phone me), the fall pattern is just beginning. LOTS of bait in the bay, and fish are feeding heavily.

If the winds cooperate, it should be a great fall. Even the "shorts" are 19 inch fish and fun to c/r on light tackle.

Let's get this party started
5th
Old 09-01-2017, 11:20 AM

Yes I have the nescessary paperwork from DNR to hold a striper tournament.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:11 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako mike View Post
I ran accross Marty and Lolo last evening on the water and Marty asked if there was going to be a Challange this fall. The answer is yes same date, Saturday after thanksgiving. I have been extremely busy on a project at work this summer and also had to mate a couple offshore tournaments this summer. As a lot of you are aware Coconut Charlie's is closed due to a fire and Atlantic Marina Resort has stepped up and again offered us their grounds for the cookout and awards ceremony. I will post additional details shortly. Sorry for not putting this up earlier. I would also like to thank Marty and Lolo for calling me in on a bite last night. Although we arrived late we did manage to troll up several throw backs and one keeper. Stay tuned!
Damn, I almost forgot about this tournament. But, oh yes, I think I almost had to get a tatoo the first year for a fish that almost hit the 50" mark. OK, OK, it was only 46", but damn it looked big compared to the 36" flopping on the deck at the same time. I haven't been fortunate enough to actually hold the trophy for a year but the memories of warm Bush Light, a free lunch at the Harbor Shack and Doc trying to explain Adderall addiction and how it affects Orioles batters to Tawn was priceless. I'm looking forward to a repeat performance. GAME ON

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)
Old 09-06-2017, 04:33 PM

Mike and I are in....might have a couple extra guests on the boat this year.

Did I miss the most important part? Where are we drinking afterwards?
Old 09-07-2017, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77 View Post
Mike and I are in....might have a couple extra guests on the boat this year.

Did I miss the most important part? Where are we drinking afterwards?
Whatever you bring
Old 10-30-2017, 10:39 PM

How does one join this challenge?
Old 10-31-2017, 01:11 AM

Mike,

What about Irv's for an after event drink or 10?

Mike
Old 10-31-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtrav View Post
How does one join this challenge?
Pm me a e mail address and I can send you a entry form
Old 11-02-2017, 07:10 AM

Come on guys what’s the hold up! 23 days til the tournament and only 2 boats? WTF, if your scared of Jeff and I, just say your scared!