Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-05-2009, 12:01 AM

The only reason you and Donno may have caught more is because I pulled lines early to let you guys catch a few........................Mark
Old 12-05-2009, 07:20 AM

Don,
Nice catchin'

Jim
Old 12-05-2009, 08:22 AM
Baldzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlag View Post
The only reason you and Donno may have caught more is because I pulled lines early to let you guys catch a few........................Mark
Mark, humbly I can probably not deny that
Old 12-05-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeltor View Post
Don mentioned that he runs Capt Wayne Morgan's spread.
Thanks for the compliments Paul. Actually I use Wayne Morgan's system of trolling...rod holders and rods visibly numbered and knots in lines to mark distances. My use of a detailed, written trolling plan was learned from Mlag. Mark was also a huge help in developing my spread. He catches fish, I was not about to reinvent the wheel. I have had many conversations with Capt Wayne as well and attended his all day seminar during the winter months; his advice as well, as Skip's, have also had big influences on how I troll. I really appreciated spending the day with both you and Rick. It was one of my most enjoyable days on the water...Don
Old 12-05-2009, 11:11 AM

Don; as I sit here watching the snow fall, I have to tell you that you are you are deploying your rods incorrectly. I know; I watched a master at work yesterday. The crew got explicit instructions from the captain. We would say, Mark, where does this rod go? He would say, Over there I think. Or we would say, Mark, this rod doesn't have anything on it. He would say, In that bag is a bunch of lures, make up a tandum. And here is a good one, Hey Mark, this reel doesn't work, what do you want me to do? Just grab another one that works. This is the one I like the best, Mark; where did you get this color umbrella? That thing has never caught a fish since I had it; put it out 8 bars!!! (WTF)
Just goes to show you how well that 25 Maycraft raises fish!!!! Guess I'm lucky that he keeps taking me back out though after I beat to death the biggest fish of the day with Mark's net before having the line break and watching it swim away.
We had a good time out there today, just gotta love fishing with friends that bust your balls all day long.
Good talking to you out there, looks like cbangler was well represented yesterday. 5th (Marty)
Old 12-05-2009, 11:26 AM

Very funny Marty. I am somewhat new to trolling these larger spreads and need all of the structure I get from pre-planning. Those with experience and a 6th sense of where the fish are, get along fine with mayhem and confusion...Don
Old 12-05-2009, 01:02 PM

Location: Bowie, MD My boat lives at Serverna Park Yacht Club on the Severn River

Great job. Thanks for the report it is nice to see a real one for a change.

Chad
Old 12-05-2009, 06:56 PM

Don,

Just joined the site. "Rick Hensley" on the other board. Thanks for the link. Had a great time fishing with you and Paul Friday. A pleasure for sure.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:26 PM

Welcome to the board Rick...Don