Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 06-28-2019, 06:44 AM

Fished my boat Wed morning and STRUGGLED Winds were supposed to be calm, but we had white caps early and couldn't troll properly. We did pick up one 23 inch fish, but the screen wasn't "lit up" like Sunday.
Found out that three commercial guys were in there just the day before and took out 1,500 pounds each of fish to sell (4,500 lb total)

I had a friends grandson onboard and decided to run to some other areas that have been good to me this time of year. We did find one other 19 1/2 inch keeper, but that was it for me.

Phil (Jus' Jiggin) had his boat out as well and we stayed in contact. My guys had to be back to the dock early, but Phil said it turned on later in the afternoon, and he got his 4 fish limit with his grandson (Marcus) onboard.

Since I was home early, I went to our community swimming pool. Water felt great, but I got some water in my ear that I couldn't clear.

Mark (Mlag) called to see if I wanted to go with him the next day (Thursday) out of South River. Sure

We caught plenty of fish despite my hearing loss. At one point, Mark tossed out his line and said; "I threw my line out right by that swirl." I looked behind the boat and thought to myself, "What the hell, I don't see any squirrel."

When I asked him why he thought he saw a squirrel out in the middle of the bay, we laughed.

Fun fishing with the group we have

Home taking a breather from fishing and taking my 91 yr old mother food shopping this morning. That's always fun. She can take 10 minutes looking for the perfect cantaloupe or tomatoes

Looks like a calm day out on the water this morning (fri). Hope you "catch um up".
5th

p.s. I hear Mako Mike's rehab is going well. Keep up the good work Brother
Old 06-28-2019, 07:12 AM

Another couple thousand pounds on commercial hook and like fish came in again yesterday caught in the same area we discussed. That’s gotta be one hell of a school or should I say it was one hell of a school!