Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 06-16-2019, 09:40 AM

Default Even a one legged squirrel ............

Finds a nut sometimes. Took the maiden fishing voyage on the new tiara. On a lead from Jeff (Justified) and Lenny Simmons from Len Dawg tackle it was either the bridges or the old Love Point lighthouse site. After clearing the Marina I set the radar on 20 miles and could see by the screen the bridges were like a city even on a weekday. So the call was mage to head for the love point lighthouse. Once we arrived there were just enough boats there that drifting while jigging was out of the question. We found a spot behind the rocks in about 10’ of water and anchored up. On my first cast I set the hook and landed a nice 30”. We continued to jig with great success until the charter boats got in there and weren’t leaving us much room to cast. Finished up with seven nice fish 21”-30”. I would have to say the first trip was a huge success since we didn’t catch one cat fish. Thank you Justified for the lead. Thinking about giving it another shot either Tuesday or Thursday next week. Starting therapy again tomorrow for three days a week again. Go figure as soon as I start feeling better and can get out my rehabaholic problem starts interfering with my fishing!Tried uploading a couple pictures but kept getting a file to large error. Funny never had this happen before!
Old 06-16-2019, 05:01 PM

Pictures, "too large to load"; that's because you now fish off your 32 Tierra and not your 26 Mako

Glad your initial outing was such a success. Also glad the site is back up and working. Best of luck at rehab (again) I have a feeling, this is going to be the last rehab which puts you back in great shape for anything you want to do
5th