Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-21-2011, 06:18 PM

So here's what we will do to make it fair...this summer when you guys are live lining please stand in front of the piling that you caught your fish on with number in view...same thing as pics in front of the rips..It's no secret that the BB holds fish in the summer...the reason you guys don't do it is because your smart enough not to ruin your spot...this is the point I'm trying to make..
Old 02-21-2011, 06:26 PM

Jumbo - Many times my first choice to fish is taken.

I love the area near CP marker in spring but if boats are there - I go north / south a touch. You know too well , boat noise can move fish.

Same thing wreck fishing offshore , fishing bridge pilings , oyster humps - not uncommon to fall have to fall back on plan B , C or D.

Even 65 miles offshore - little humps - it can get crowded.

One reason I fish weekdays if I can.

I hesitate to put up GPS numbers - not to be selfish but in fear the fish will move and folks think I mislead them.

I have left a school biting at 8pm and back there next morning at 6 am - the fish are gone. Find them later 2 miles away. I just laughed but someone banking on my numbers would cuss me for days.

One exception is Hacketts can. I'm 99% confident Perch will be there the next day.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:31 PM

Skip, you're missing the point....in my "test" question...only 1 piling has fish in the whole area (like the rips)...you get there and all possible ways to fish it are exhausted...because you posted a pic of the number of the piling...what are you going to do... keep posting a pic of the piling?...encourage others to do the same?..I think not..
Old 02-21-2011, 06:40 PM

The problem isn't the spot being known or not. It's that some fellers put their time in while most of you yayhoos are sitting at home dreaming of potential VT weddings with fishing partners, telling stories about your daddy on Internet fishing lists, or grab a$$ing with life partners. Then you take a chartered trip and post details like you discovered the new world. Then those MEN who have been there while you were cuddled up in your 100000 thread count satin sheets show up hoping to catch fish and there's 9 boats at a time there's normally only 1 or 2. All because you are an attention whore who was lacking attention and some hugs from your Daddy as a kid. Some get it, some are starting to, and some never will. See ya at the gas docks ladies!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 07:20 PM

I guess I'm just so new to this jigging stuff that I ought to just keep my mouth shut and ears open. I've learned from experience that it's hard to listen while trying to talk over the other person.

If I can speak for some of the "trolling" guys for a minute; let's just say we are thrilled to be as successful as we were during this time of the year, and are possibly over jubilent to share it with others.

If we are going to "step into your world"; the least we can do is "play by your rules".

I'm sure as I try to expand my knowledge of jigging, I will be guilty of even more indiscrestions. Please feel free to contact me by PM as I would like to be known as an asset and not a liability to the jigging community.

Let's hope we all learned something from the debate. I hope everyone has a spactacular year this season no matter how they catch them.
5th (Marty)

p.s. jigstix; I'm going to give you a pass on the namecalling (yahoo's vs MEN) and consider you were just very frustrated this evening. If you intended to call us out, then I'm sorry for your reaction. Teach; don't alienate.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:23 PM

Thumbs up

Marty...Agreed
Old 02-21-2011, 08:27 PM

Wasn't talking about you Marty

There are yayhoos that did and do what I described. Did not see you do that. Those same people, continue to antagonize and bait some of the fishermen that fish this area but when we see them fishing this spring, and point out exactly where they were, I'm sure they will not be as understanding as they expect Jumbo and others to be. But please turn the sarcasm detector on. I don't truly believe they are all headed to VT to get married even though I said it.

Last edited by JigStix; 02-21-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:30 PM

Default Burning Spots

Give your report, post your pictures, and enjoy the day. Share your tactics and techniques but don't give out the exact spot on a well known and visited website. It's a bad idea for many of the reasons already mentioned.
If you disagree, you probably haven't experienced the negative results of sharing with the wrong crowd and probably will never be given information in the future.
I believe there are always people catching fish in certain areas way before the word gets out to the world. They enjoy success because they like catching fish with their friends more than they enjoy bragging about their "special spot."
That is all. And since when did this site become some individuals Facebook page?
MRN
p.s. Welcome back, Rex.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JigStix View Post
Wasn't talking about you Marty

There are yayhoos that did and do what I described. Did not see you do that. Those same people, continue to antagonize and bait some of the fishermen that fish this area but when we see them fishing this spring, and point out exactly where they were, I'm sure they will not be as understanding as they expect Jumbo and others to be. But please turn the sarcasm detector on. I don't truly believe they are all headed to VT to get married even though I said it.
Thanks JigStix, for a while there I though I might have to cross you off my Christmas card list. Sarcasm is sometimes hard to distinguish.
5th (Marty)
Old 02-21-2011, 09:47 PM

Smile

Well, there aren't 60,000 active viewers on Toilet Flush. Fish don't only hang around one piling on the Bay Bridge. If these things bother you, you should STOP posting reports. Face facts, you're only bragging about how good you think you are. Last time I checked, it was still ALMOST a free country. Post if you want, the other guys will post if they want. If you don't like it, don't read about it. Just stop crying because some people don't behave the way you would like them to.