Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2014, 10:59 AM

Default Upper bay Spy / Infiltration report

I have had the wonderful opportunity to fish with a few different anglers on the shore and the upper bay this year.
Learning some new tricks and sharing some along the way……

Today a buddy had some friends in from out of Town and needed help running the boat and baiting hooks and such… He just wanted to keep it a fun trip. We rigged for perch and spot…

First location was Tolchester we drifted this are with limited success, caught a few small white perch and 3 or 4 spot in the live well they went……

Second location was Hodges bar. My buddy has a nice little lump of oyster shell he likes to target. We drifted this area with hi low rigs baited with bloods, a nice pick of white perch. As tide started to move we ended up getting some nice perch in the 10” range we quickly put them on ice… Secretly, I was sneaking all of the small perch in the live well……. WE did managed to bag about 8 spot.
Moved into deep water on a drift and to my surprise we found a nice school of spot. Doubles stated coming over the side we put 20 or so in the live well and decided to give live lining a try

Third location love point. The fleet was anchored up we looked around found some nice marks and change over our rigs. Found a nice hump in 30’ of water deployed spot and released two dozen small perch from the live well. The fish finder littttttt up sadly the spot went un-harassed. Cut a few spot in to strips and started chumming. Game on spot strips were the ticket…. Ended up catching a ton of small fish in the 16” – 17” range and finialy put a few barleys on ice….

Forth location ran above Tolchester found a nice deep hole with current and deployed chicken liver. Within 5 Minutes fish on a nice 30” cat. Then a 18” then another 20”. Cat attack…… Our guests were having a ball. We were covered up with these whiskered monsters….. We put the small ones in the cooler and decided to have a fish fry at the landing for the guest.

Wow, those whiskered fish fried up nice. Filleted out the surviving spot and perch and added them to the hot also. Washed them down with some sliver soda, life was good…

One day ill sneak over a fill Marty’s spot penn

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot

Last edited by Fish Nut; 07-14-2014 at 11:09 AM.