Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-27-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldzilla View Post
Wait, I've seen you catch a fish this year!!! Sandbagger

Does, it count if you catch a fish on a Maycraft? We are on the Judge board

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot
Old 03-27-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drichitt View Post
For whatever reason, I can't get over the fact that DNR, and others, used the reports that appeared on TF to gauge effort last spring. Right now, I believe that each time someone posts a PSCR report it also upsets the anti-PSCR crowd; they then run to DNR raising hell. There was (and is) a huge silent majority that want PSCR stopped entirely. I have to believe DNR and the PSCR-haters are watching both Tf and CBA right now and collecting more ammunition for next year's fight. DNR is counting the reports of those reporting and extrapolating an estimate for effort; where I come from this is referred to as a Wag (Wild Ass Guess). If they are applying the same logic as last year, fewer reports means less effort and maybe no further restrictions for 2011. They sure as hell weren't out in the field gauging effort last year. I have no facts to back this up. It is just my own personal feeling as a very close observer of the early days of the PSCR debate. When you add in the snipers and general complainers, sharing is tough to do during this time of year. I hate to admit it and it sucks, but EO got what he wanted....Don

Next on the agenda will be planer boards...

1998 Sea Hunt 202 Triton
"Hoopty"
Old 03-27-2010, 08:58 AM

I'm not a "Troller" (nothing wrong with trolling ) and don't typically fish down your way but the last time I checked, fish can swim. They are always on the move either for some lovin in the spring, food in the summer and fall and warmer water in the winter, in general terms.

I realize if you were to give the Lat / Lon of what you caught there would be fisherman (not anglers) making a bee line for the spot on their next trip.

Having said that, how long do you think fish stay in one spot in order for it to be "Burned".

For me, the answer is, water quality and temp, food and structure.
If something changes or makes the fish uncomfortable, they will leave.
And as we all (should) know, that can change by the hour.

To me there is more satisfaction, and it is harder to find the fish, then it is to catch the fish.

But what do I know, I don't troll.

Jeff

Triton 240 LTS, 250 Verado
Upper, Upper Bay
Light tackle

Last edited by 240 LTS; 03-28-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:03 AM

I've already seen some pictures of fish on the decks, hands in gills, bleeding fish, etc. You can bet there are people out there just looking for those. I don't see problems with posting non-spot-burning reports, but best to use discretion. On the other hand, properly handled fish pics and reports emphasizing good C&R techniques could be helpful.

"Catch & Release - A picture is worth a thousand fish"
Old 03-27-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Kimbro View Post
I've already seen some pictures of fish on the decks, hands in gills, bleeding fish, etc. You can bet there are people out there just looking for those. I don't see problems with posting non-spot-burning reports, but best to use discretion. On the other hand, properly handled fish pics and reports emphasizing good C&R techniques could be helpful.

Well there you go.......it's not what you do but how you do it. You can do most anything in life if you use discretion but remember " anything you say can be used against you!............Gary

Last edited by crabby and son; 03-27-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:34 PM

Don,
This is where I am torn - if they are gauging effort, won't next year's ammo be..."no one fishes it, there is no economic benefit to anyone, why have it at all"?

However, I really believe the DNR didn't (won't) extract effort from TF, they used the pictures to justify the changes made to the season based on the greed of other groups that have their ear. If they said - "hey, we are changing this because So&so group doesn't want it", they'd look mighty stupid rather than just mildly stupid. They use that as the excuse and will use whatever excuse they want - even if it is obviously bogus and is not based on any logical reason.

Time will tell.

Cheers,

Bob

PS - hope to get out this week if the weather will cooperate for 2 guys in an 18 aluminum cc, if not I'll have to wait another week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drichitt View Post
For whatever reason, I can't get over the fact that DNR, and others, used the reports that appeared on TF to gauge effort last spring. Right now, I believe that each time someone posts a PSCR report it also upsets the anti-PSCR crowd; they then run to DNR raising hell. There was (and is) a huge silent majority that want PSCR stopped entirely. I have to believe DNR and the PSCR-haters are watching both Tf and CBA right now and collecting more ammunition for next year's fight. DNR is counting the reports of those reporting and extrapolating an estimate for effort; where I come from this is referred to as a Wag (Wild Ass Guess). If they are applying the same logic as last year, fewer reports means less effort and maybe no further restrictions for 2011. They sure as hell weren't out in the field gauging effort last year. I have no facts to back this up. It is just my own personal feeling as a very close observer of the early days of the PSCR debate. When you add in the snipers and general complainers, sharing is tough to do during this time of year. I hate to admit it and it sucks, but EO got what he wanted....Don