Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 04-19-2015, 01:49 PM

Talking Boatyard Youth Winner!

Tough opening day, lots of boat traffic and despite marking fish and bait all morning shallow and deep, we couldn't get the fish to bite. We were grateful, however, that we only snagged one menhaden and 2 jellies. In mid morning when bite turned on for Greg he called us over but the bite ended before we got there. We stayed put though and just after noon managed to get 2 strikes on the same deep umbrella within minutes and the second one made it to the boat. It was 39" and put my youngest son Darin in 1st place for Youth Division for Boatyard tournament! Thanks to Greg for putting us on the fish!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150418_121900.jpg (96.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 20150418_163844.jpg (100.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 20150418_172153.jpg (97.6 KB, 17 views)
Old 04-19-2015, 03:19 PM

Thats a Beautiful fish. The lighting must have been just right. Congratulations Darin.
5th
Old 04-19-2015, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' Robin View Post
Tough opening day, lots of boat traffic and despite marking fish and bait all morning shallow and deep, we couldn't get the fish to bite. We were grateful, however, that we only snagged one menhaden and 2 jellies. In mid morning when bite turned on for Greg he called us over but the bite ended before we got there. We stayed put though and just after noon managed to get 2 strikes on the same deep umbrella within minutes and the second one made it to the boat. It was 39" and put my youngest son Darin in 1st place for Youth Division for Boatyard tournament! Thanks to Greg for putting us on the fish!
Congrats Darin!!!

Old 04-19-2015, 09:54 PM

Yesterday was a slow day of trolling but was able to work out some kinks and done tune the process. The new planer board leashes I hade made worked out perfect...hoping to get back out on water during the week!
Old 04-20-2015, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' Robin View Post
Congrats to Darin!

It was great seeing you out there. When I first set up in there we had menhaden tails piercing the glassy calm surfaces. I knew it would only be a matter of time.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:05 AM

Congrats Darin! Let me know when you want to go shopping with your gift certificates