Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 11-09-2013, 06:42 PM

Default Struggled in upper bay on 11/9

Wife sorta slept in so didn't get to boat about 8:30. Lines in at corner of brewerton channel and main channel about 9:30. Nothing! Call from a charter saying he caught fish mid-day in Chester a few days ago if I didn't mind running a bit.
Made the trip to get there just after the bite turned off. Stayed there until almost 4:00 with wind picking up. Ended up with 4 fish caught, on bottom, with green and white bucktails. Same rod caught 3 of 4 fish (Shoreboy6 tied the tandem up during our skunk last Sunday)
Easy ride back up the bumpy bay with 2 keepers, 21 & 24", (and had 2 throwbacks). Not a great day but did come home with 2 keepers for the father in law's dinner tomorrow night!!

Thank you Spankin' Stripers!!, Your baits outfished BFG today 3:1....hands down winner!!

Old 11-09-2013, 07:14 PM

I had a wise ole fisherman give me some advice. "Go South Grasshopper", had a friend send me a text with photos from today

I'm not trying to be too cryptic, I just don't want to burn his spot. If it were mine, I would be more forthcoming. I appreciate his texts and want them to continue
5th (Marty)
Old 11-10-2013, 05:59 AM

Marty, I told ya we were celebrating with good catholic whiskey. i wasnt being cryptic. Posting a fishing report just wasnt at the top of my to do list.

Whacked them about 1 North of 77A. After grinding for three hours with three fish in the box, ALL seven rods went down. Had to throw back three overs and five 25-27" unders. I know it sounds like BS but you saw the pictures. At one point we had seven or eight fish sliding around the bottom of the boat. One umbrella had a 34" and a 29" on it. Mangled the umbrella but we got them both. Most of the fish were full of 6" menhaden. No sea life.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:36 AM

Nice job Captain Tawn.

bhl (Bruce)

Last edited by bhl; 11-10-2013 at 06:37 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-10-2013, 09:28 AM

Thanks Tawn, I didn't want to be too specific with your location. Thanks for sharing.
5th (Marty)
Old 11-10-2013, 12:53 PM

Sounds like an awesome day! Hopefully they keep coming north to save me some fuel!! Thanks for the report.