Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 11-02-2013, 02:33 PM

Default Upper bay 11-2

After taking nearly 2 months off from fishing, I finally got back out today. A month ago I hit something submerged and bent the hell out of my prop. This week got new prop on and of course had to try it out today. It seems to be working pretty well.

Caught 5 fish from 7:30 - 1:30. Had first fish within 3 minutes of putting first line in!! That's the way to start the day. Then a LONG time and a lot of ground covered before fish #2. Fished off Rock Hall, Swan Point bar, triple buoys, and then headed across the bay and hung around there, slowly picking away at them.
White bucktails was the ticket for us today. No love on spoons or tsunamis. Fish were low to mid- 20's and a 30". Had a barely legal that went back to grow up some more. Hung out in 30'-35' ft of water. Plan to go out again tomorrow and see what the wind blows up.....

Old 11-03-2013, 08:17 AM

Jeff, that's a darn good report. This time of year is sort of a "tweener". We are between getting the fish out of the rivers and having the bigger migratory fish arrive.
Some days you can put a lot of small fish in the boat, and other days you can get a nice mix (like you did).
Glad you got the prop fixed (tell me the story over a beer) and the boat back in service. Now I don't feel so bad about scratching up my outboard cowling (I'll tell you that story over a beer).
I guess that's what happens when you use them. At least you are keeping this one "right side up"
I know a nice lady named Margaret who works for a marina and can get you a good deal on a replacement prop
When the weather gets real cold, I'll be looking for an invitation on that Judge 36 with a heater
5th (Marty)
Old 11-03-2013, 03:37 PM

Well what a different day today was. Took shoreboy6 out with me. Blowing a million mph because its a weekend. Yesterday was a mistake (wind wise) so it had to be made up for today!!
Fished same area today and only caught a crab pot (lost 2 #&/?€% rigs on it). After dipping the bow a few times and 3+hours, decided to head in and try the Patapsco. A tight channel, too many boats, and no action quickly sent me to Mike's North for lunch. We were hoping the CBA Tuesday meeting might still be going but really I was just happy not find a tab under my name waiting for me!! eek:
Grabbed some quick grub (40% off appetizers and happy hour prices from 11-3 on Sunday) before heading back to the slip. Very bummed to hear the Tiki Bar is closed for the season already. She also told me Mike's will be closed completely for jan and feb, reopening in March.
Good food, bad wind, and no fish...but still a fun day! Saw one REAL pretty boat out there in the Patapsco, hopefully he caught something more than we did....

Old 11-03-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
Well what a different day today was. Took shoreboy6 out with me. Blowing a million mph because its a weekend. Yesterday was a mistake (wind wise) so it had to be made up for today!!
Fished same area today and only caught a crab pot (lost 2 #&/?€% rigs on it). After dipping the bow a few times and 3+hours, decided to head in and try the Patapsco. A tight channel, too many boats, and no action quickly sent me to Mike's North for lunch. We were hoping the CBA Tuesday meeting might still be going but really I was just happy not find a tab under my name waiting for me!! eek:
Grabbed some quick grub (40% off appetizers and happy hour prices from 11-3 on Sunday) before heading back to the slip. Very bummed to hear the Tiki Bar is closed for the season already. She also told me Mike's will be closed completely for jan and feb, reopening in March.
Good food, bad wind, and no fish...but still a fun day! Saw one REAL pretty boat out there in the Patapsco, hopefully he caught something more than we did....
OK
I'll chime in. Jeff, when you decided to take off and go to Mike's for lunch the bite turned on today. We got our only keeper fish. Soooo for the most part it sucked today. Bait everywhere, fish on the screen all day, very frustrating. OK now for the excuses, I got to the boat at 8:am high tide which was 2 feet below normal high tide. The wind kept up out of the north west and blew out another 2 feet. So we never had a change of tide, just a total blow out tide. AND THEN I HAD TO WATCH THE RAVENS

bhl ( Bruce)
Old 11-04-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl View Post
Soooo for the most part it sucked today. Bait everywhere, fish on the screen all day, very frustrating. OK now for the excuses, I got to the boat at 8:am high tide which was 2 feet below normal high tide. The wind kept up out of the north west and blew out another 2 feet. So we never had a change of tide, just a total blow out tide. AND THEN I HAD TO WATCH THE RAVENS

bhl ( Bruce)
Yeah, what he said!!!