Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-24-2016, 01:03 PM

Default CBA tournament this saturday

Guys the most recent wind forecast is not in our favor. If you go out Saturday please be careful and use your best judgment. We do not need a repeat of last weeks tournament. If there is that little voice telling you it's iffy for your skills and boat the voice is probably rite! Remember if no fish are check in all money will go by a raffle. Please use your heads I would rather the Judge plaque go without a name on it than be a memorial!
Have fun, good luck and be safe!
Old 11-24-2016, 02:12 PM

If it's too nasty; we can do the Judge Shootout another time.

Everyone be safe.

I'm planing on poking my nose out beyond the jetty and turning around if it's too nasty.

I'll show up at Coconut Charlie's early and have a few beers before official weigh in
5th
Old 11-25-2016, 08:07 AM

Guys

Make your next fishing investment one of these.

https://shop.hamiltonmarine.com/prod...nge-44516.html
Old 11-25-2016, 05:31 PM

Reds;
Thanks for the concern. How do these come "packaged". Not much room on the boat for four of these in their open form. Are they packed in a small box that can be opened quickly?

I will have my Life Jackets hanging from my "rail rod holders" tomorrow. Most of the Judge guys will be "buddy boating" in the same area and in constant contact tomorrow.
Thats if we in 27's decide to try it. The 36's should be ok. I may be hugging the west side of Deal to Breezy to stay out of the blow.

Definitely not going to chance it if it's too bad.
5th

p.s.
Was out for a couple of hours this afternoon to catch a friend from Japan his first rockfish. Only 23 inches, but I showed him how to make it look bigger He sent the photo to his friends in Japan; it was 4am over there
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2223.JPG (41.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 11-25-2016, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Reds;
Thanks for the concern. How do these come "packaged". Not much room on the boat for four of these in their open form. Are they packed in a small box that can be opened quickly?

I will have my Life Jackets hanging from my "rail rod holders" tomorrow. Most of the Judge guys will be "buddy boating" in the same area and in constant contact tomorrow.
Thats if we in 27's decide to try it. The 36's should be ok. I may be hugging the west side of Deal to Breezy to stay out of the blow.

Definitely not going to chance it if it's too bad.
5th

p.s.
Was out for a couple of hours this afternoon to catch a friend from Japan his first rockfish. Only 23 inches, but I showed him how to make it look bigger He sent the photo to his friends in Japan; it was 4am over there
When I purchased mine, it came in a zippered carry bag. They are rolled up and easily unrolled.
IIRC. on a Coast Guard safety inspection on certain size vessels, you have to be in the suit in a short number of seconds to pass inspections.

Immersion suits are required in the Chesapeake Bay on commercial fishing vessels from Nov 1 to May 31st.

Last edited by reds; 11-25-2016 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:57 PM

For years I carry my father's ocean life raft valise from when he pulls his boat in November through the trophy season. His boat usually goes in the water the end of May and he fishes through November so it does him no use this time of year and he requested I carry it knowing I fish in the winter.. I also carry his survival bag which has a water proof hand held VHF, 12 gauge flare gun, etc. (in addition to my own the safety gear) I also currently have his old EPIRB too (battery is about to expire though). It is registered to his old Judge but I am sure if it is needed, it will get figured out quickly.. I am thinking about getting my own EPIRB for the bay.

Last edited by B-Faithful; 11-25-2016 at 07:59 PM.