Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Baldzilla

Default 12/4 Trolling Thomas Pt - Bloody Pt

Same report you have heard from others though I'm slowly bringing myself back to posting reports so here goes!

Crew today was a good one...Marty (5th Tuition), Slayer (Keith), Alan (Just Chillin) and Tim (Remedy), all of whom I've fished with before. I particularly owed Alan a trip since he put my on my biggest fish to date a week or so ago. It was a complex mess of a setup to meet up since I had the boat on the lift in Pasadena but needed it on the trailer in Annapolis. Keith was kind enough to pick up my trailer on the way in and Marty and Alan picked up Tim so we could lal meet at SPSP by 7:15.

met the crew, threw a coat in to Don's truck so he would never be wet again and were on our way. We blew down just south of 88 and dropped lines. Well we just didn't mark anything anywhere, but we saw nets, after nets, after nets...we avoided nets for an hour barely marking fish and decided to turn back north to where Marty had caught some fish last week. Well more north = less bait. I''m convinced that those nets are catching all the fish and bait heading north. About an hour and a half into the trip I got a call from Steve (goinsfishing). Joe told him to call me and tell me that they were on the fish. I made a pretty unpopular call (at the time) and told the crew to pull in all the lines, we were blowing south. Grumble, grumble, grumble They were great about it, rods all over the deck, planers in the boat we left...

about halfway to where we were going south of bloody point we started marking bait and fish we had been looking for and decided to drop the spread. Got almost everything out and as Tim was putting the last rod out, a stormbrella with 16 oz of weigtht, it gets hit just as it hits the bottom. He reels in a feisty and FAT 27 inch fish. Good way to start with an under. Bait gets thicker, few minutes later same rod goes down again. Feisty 25 incher. Like those unders. At this point it is just us and another center console fishing the general area and we are both circling the bait hard. On our north pass a planer line goes off, 6 oz black and yellow head 80 feet back gets slammed...drag puller and keith starts to reel...then a deep umbrella goes off, finally Alan gets his chance at redemption because this ones pulling drag...then the same old strormbrella gets hit and I'm fighting in the midst of a triple header. Alan gets his to the boat first and it is HUGE....no exaggeration, but it's a huge fish. At least the size of the one he put me on last week and I feel good about it....Marty is out on the bracket trying to net the beast and it is a little too big for the net...3 or four tries and I see the line go slack, finally marty has it in the net...NOPE, 50 lb braid broke off at the tip...probably had a nick or something and the nice fish swims off with my favorite lure...oh well, at least Alan got to fight a big one. Got mine in the boat next, a fat 40 incher, and Keiths a fat 38 incher....another pass 2 more fish...I lost count of fish but tide started going slack, bait started breaking up and we decided it was almost time to go in...we are talking to our friends in the center console, they are doing great too...they forgot their planer line at home and were still killin' 'em on the boat rods....we decided the bite was dead there and headed south and found another good pod of bait and hooked up two more...we had our limit of overs at this point, didnt want to risk any fish getting gut hooked and started to pull in lines. Don't know the total count but it was a great day with a good number of big fish.....

we had a great day, with a good bit of crap talking, and good friends..looking forward to the next outing. Great talking to Drichett, MLAG, goinsfishing, and all the others out there today. Thanks guys for staying in contact and all the advice and help out there. See you on the water Sunday I hope!

Mark
PS I think Tim and Marty at least took a few pics, hopefully they'll post them soon (that is if Marty can figure it out)
Old 12-04-2009, 10:21 PM

it was a great day out on the water with a great group of guys. here are some pictures, and dont give me any crap about using the bogo grip!

...I look like Wilson from the Tool Time show!

Remedy.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:26 PM

More pictures from the gang out today. Thanks for an awesome day guys. I learned a ton and met a great bunch of new friends. Remedy

And the biggun that got away from Alan!
Old 12-04-2009, 10:26 PM

Sounds like going south was a great idea, glad it worked out for you. I was off your starboard side early AM in the yellow 27' Judge. We stayed north of BPL and caught 3 overs (1 of which was released) before heading to the Chester River in search of 18-28'. Never found them, but had a nice day on the water regardless.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:31 PM

Nice job guys. Between the netters and the boat traffic you made a good move coming south. Sounds like a fun day with a good crew!

Chessie, thats a fine looking rig you have there. We were fishing in a 22 Sea Pro near you in the am.

1998 Sea Hunt 202 Triton
"Hoopty"
Old 12-04-2009, 10:43 PM

Thats sounds like fun. Good job guys...I was around Bloody Point between 1 and 4:45 today in my 21 Key West CC. I marked lots of fish not alot of bait and only hooked up with one 20 incher. I've come to conclusion I need to get out of bed earlier on my days off...
Old 12-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Baldzilla

Chessie,
Thanks, I posted a thanks to you on TF meant to put one on this site...I really appreciate you helping us out by giving way when we were in those nets, I know it messed up your pattern, but that was real nice of you...we were pinched tight and were trying to give you as much room as possible. That was a real stand up move that a lot of folks on the bay wouldn't have done!
Mark
Old 12-04-2009, 10:54 PM

Nice job fellas....I was too swamped with work to get free today....Will try to get out again Sunday as well...Hope you have the same luck on Sunday as well...
Old 12-04-2009, 11:58 PM

Mark............Good talking to you guys out there today. We were just a little north of you and also did real well. I trolled south after two passes of avoiding nets when you headed north. At that point I didn't care whether we caught any fish or not. I just wanted to get the heck away from nets that seemed to be popping up everywhere. It all worked out in the end..............Mark
Old 12-05-2009, 06:15 AM

Mark awsome trip but you didn't owe me a thing. I'm pretty much like you when it comes to taking friends out you just want to get them some pullage. Luckily we have been able to do that lately.Its always a pleasure fishing with you and Marty not to mention a great working crew. Tim and Keith it was great meeting you guys today it couldn't have went smoother as quick as we were able to get everything pulled in rotating rods with 3 fish on at once. I wish all trips went that smooth. Sunday for me will be very dependant on what the weather does tonight and if I'm working all night. Like I said yesterday I can get off next week any day but Monday so if Sunday doesn't work i'll keep in touch and hopefully we can get in a few more trips in before the 15th great fishing guys.