Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 06-13-2016, 08:31 AM

Default Avoiding the crowds... Saturday June 11

Left the dock Saturday at 5:45 am with Robin and my boys and a friend and his grandsons same age as my boys with plan to go straight to trolling. Got to the area where we found them early Friday and were the first boat on the scene with breakers and a screen lit up. Pulled out jigging and topwater rods and immediately had everyone catching a few fish and put 3 low to mid 20''s in the box. When I looked up half hour later there were 50 boats around us and screen finally blanked. Cleaned and stored the jigging rods and boogied out of there for my favorite trolling spot. Wow there were a lot of boats out trolling, but a nice hole in the traffic where I wanted to be in 55-70'. Put out 19 rods and first hour there was nothing. Just when I began wondering if the 3 trolling fleets in view were doing any better, it was fish on. 250' back on a BP tandem. 30 incher hit the 6" GG trailer. For next 3 hours we had a slow pick at very nice fish with 6 over 30" including a 35 and 39 incher, one under and 3 shorts. Not many small baits on my boat. Go big or go home is my motto... usually end up with BIG. Great morning and pulled lines at 11:30 to take the 4 boys tubing. Ended the trip towing the boys home on the tube when we ran across a dismasted catamaran and pulled the boys off the tube and towed catamaran back to their beach.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160611_154020-1-1.jpg (98.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 20160611_143203.jpg (101.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 20160611_091042.jpg (96.3 KB, 15 views)
Old 06-14-2016, 08:57 PM

You know you'd be able to go a lot faster if you weren't all weighted down with fish......

Old 06-15-2016, 04:12 AM

Hell, I was wondering if it was a good idea to pull boards off my roof (structurally) and here you are tubing kids off the roof
I guess I'm ok

I'm headed south this morning. I expect to see fish breaking and celebrating the fact that you are in Vegas this morning

Have fun; well not too much fun.
5th