Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-20-2010, 09:55 AM

Default 2 Things about this coming weekend, July 24th:

1. Saturday is "Bumpersbash 2010" at Dobbins Island so it'll definitely be amateur hour out on the water. Watch for drunks and new boaters.

2. Most of us don't need reminders, but drink truckloads of water during the heat. I thought I was on top of it but I was wrong. Been sick for 4 or 5 days now so I went to the doctor. I drained 3 IV bags in what felt like less than an hour due to some serious dehydration. And I never realy felt thirsty.

Finally pee'd about a day later.

As the rule goes: Drink before you're thirsty or else it's too late.

Oh...there is a 3rd thing...I'll be hauling my wife and 2 of her friends over to Dobbins on Saturday, so if you're there and you see a tall guy on a small red bass boat, come over and say hi.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:59 AM

Guess that depends on who her two friends are....

For those of us who have "bumped" at bumper bash, what should we expect ?

Ps Damn that sucks about the Dehydration....I had lots for you to drink
Old 07-21-2010, 11:30 AM

I see 'em every weekend...since they are straight line-of-sight from our creek...we call them the "gas savers". Personally, I can see stopping for a swim but not spending the entire day. Might as well stay home and party. I took my GF, son and oldest daughter and her family to the island this past weekend. We all got in the water and swam to shore but her....she didn't have a suit. I teased her a little about coming on a boat without swimming clothes but I wasn't sure that there wasn't a "other reason" for her not to get in the water so I didn't ride her too hard. My grandson screamed bloody murder so if any of you were out last w/e and heard/saw a very small boy screaming for his life in a 17' marroon Maxum, that was us! My GF and I swam back to the boat for some peace and quiet while he and his dad were on shore and next thing I know, dad is swimming back to the boat with him!! I love my grandson but I was up till nearly 4am finishing a H1 to post on fleabay so I was tired and grouchy. We all had fun though, even my grandson once he calmed down. He loved driving the boat....highlite of his day.

I know about that sunsickness. I've had it before riding my bike and got it a couple of weeks ago...felt like crud the entire afternoon and the following day too. If you sucked up 3 bags, you are very lucky my friend, it could have been bad, very, very bad!!

erad
________
WEB SHOWS

Last edited by eradicator; 09-03-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:48 PM

Yeah I learned my lesson....and like most things I do, it was the hard way.

Anyway, the wifeypoo is having friends in from out of town and they want to spend the day over there, so if anybody braves it, stop by and see the tall ugly guy in or near the small maroon bass boat.

I'll have plenty of beer.

And cold water!

Gar...here's the link with some pictures from last yer's event. Looks like some crazy stuff going on.

Everybody be safe and have fun.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
I see 'em every weekend...since they are straight line-of-sight from our creek...we call them the "gas savers". Personally, I can see stopping for a swim but not spending the entire day.

erad
Hey I resemble that remark. Actually we usually stop in, hang for a short while, run out to the bay, swing back through, then head home. Several of us will be there on jet skis, plan on anchoring on the west side since it is shallow and boats won't be able to get in.