Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-01-2016, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsuppin10 View Post
After being surrounded by trollers this weekend. I decided it was time to get a few more trolling rods. Now I just need the tackle! Any recommendations for a place to shop online? Can't wait to get back out there!
Tochtermans on Eastern Ave in Baltimore is a good choice also. They just had their 100th anniversary of being in business.

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)
Old 11-01-2016, 10:25 AM

Mike, I've been to a few of those! They have some great stuff. I don't live in the area but, my boat is in Chester. I'll have to make a trip just for gear. I've been buying rods/reels from island tackle outfitters. They have been a huge help getting me set up. This week I'm short on free time. I don't want shopping cuttting into my fishing time! Haha.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:32 AM

I hear ya. Living on the shore can be great except for when it comes to shopping? Choices can be limited. Alltackle has a website, that's how Jim and Keith got their start. I usually don't by much on line but I know there are several tackle distributors on Amazon so that would be a good starting point.
Old 11-01-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsuppin10 View Post
Mike, I've been to a few of those! They have some great stuff. I don't live in the area but, my boat is in Chester. I'll have to make a trip just for gear. I've been buying rods/reels from island tackle outfitters. They have been a huge help getting me set up. This week I'm short on free time. I don't want shopping cuttting into my fishing time! Haha.
Shore Tackle, a small blue building in The Crab Deck's parking lot is another great spot to stop in Kent Narrows. They build custom rods there and you WILL want one so be careful in there ($300 w/o a reel).
The guys there, Bill and Joe Cap, are very knowledgeable and helpful. Go to some of the flea markets this winter, always can find deals there!!! Bring cash!!

Old 11-01-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako mike View Post
I hear ya. Living on the shore can be great except for when it comes to shopping? Choices can be limited. Alltackle has a website, that's how Jim and Keith got their start. I usually don't by much on line but I know there are several tackle distributors on Amazon so that would be a good starting point.
I'll correct your typo Mike- Living on the shore IS great!!!!