Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-21-2014, 02:20 PM

Default Boat canvas

For years, I have been dealing with Jack at Boat Covers Inc. in Grassonville. Jack and his son Marshal did a fantastic job replacing the three sided enclosure on my old boat (22 Angler W/A).
Last year, I took my side panels off my 27 Judge to be inspected. I had one side that was discolored because it always faces the sun. Jack replaced that one panel and cleaned the other panel to look like new.
I also had him replace the Velcro straps because the Velcro was just about shot. He charged me a small price and I took them home and ran them the rest of the year. This included several trips where I towed the boat to Point Lookout or Chesapeake Beach.
When I took the panels off at years end, I noticed the material pulling away from the Velcro where they were attached. Towing at 60 mph was not the best for my curtains
I took them to Jack a couple days ago and he said he would reinforce the area and reattach the Velcro. I got a call two days later saying the curtains were done, and there was no charge. I reminded Jack that I had been towing with the curtains in place. He said he knows that, but he figured it was his fault for NOT reinforcing them the first time they were in the shop. We had a short back and forth with me trying to pay him at least for his time, or materials. He would have nothing to do with it.
When I dropped off the curtains, his son Marshall was in the shop with his two young boys. They were off school that day. So I reached into my wallet and took out $40 and said to give it to Marshall to take his kids out for some pizza. Jack smiled and said, when you are 7 years old, you can have a lot of fun with 40 bucks. He thanked me and I started my trek back across the Bay Bridge.

If anyone is thinking about getting some canvas work done, now is the time to do it. Jack will talk your ear off, but they do great work and they are nice people.

5th (Marty)
Old 02-21-2014, 03:13 PM

Absolutely the best and have a great reputation. Anyone who has dealt with them tells the same story for any repair work needed or done.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:54 PM

It's like nice people live over on this side of the bridge or something Pretty common of me to say that after you saved me a seat the other night to hear Capt Drew of Worm and the seat even came with a beer. Maybe you should move to this side too Marty?

Old 02-21-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
It's like nice people live over on this side of the bridge or something Pretty common of me to say that after you saved me a seat the other night to hear Capt Drew of Worm and the seat even came with a beer. Maybe you should move to this side too Marty?
If it weren't for staying close to the twin grandchildren, I would be on Tilghman Island in a heart beat.
5th