Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-06-2017, 11:39 AM

Default Need Help

So I have been with the same marina for about 10years. I currently am having a problem with my boat that I believe probably involves putting in a new starter. I asked the marina to take a look at it two weeks ago. I called the marina multiple times to see what the status of the repair might be. After being told that my boat was the next one up and someone would call me several times, no one ever followed up.

I wrote an email to the manager yesterday and was told that because they have grown so much in size and that repairs were running very far behind and that if I wanted to take the boat somewhere else that would be fine and if I was not happy with the service the marina was providing me that he wishes me the best of luck wherever I might go to find a marina I liked. I then pressed him one last time to ask if it was possible to know when the boat would be looked at. He said he would get back to me early next week.

In ten years I have never run into this problem at this marina. It seems that they have just gotten too crowded to do repairs in a timely fashion and that has also devalued me as a customer. I think when your business isn’t appreciated it might be time to go somewhere else. Or maybe this is just how things are in the marina business these days.

So, I would appreciate your input in finding out if there are any mechanics near Deale where I could take my boat or if there are mechanics that travel and also your opinion on leaving my marina that I have grown to love over the last ten years.
David

PS If you know of a mechanic that will travel the starter is for a 150 johnson outboard
Old 11-07-2017, 06:12 PM

Without knowing all the details, I would definitely be looking for a new "home port". If they have suddenly grown, this is probably just the beginning and that type of service will continue. It makes me wonder how they would suddenly grow if they are that bad though. Everyone has an occasional bad day, but it sounds they have been having a couple bad weeks.

Good luck with your situation. If you want to move to the upper Eastern Shore, I could recommend a few places for you but as for Deale area, I got nothin'.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:14 PM

I've been in contact with Drumsky. He's a friend from my days as a mate with Captain John
He has a mechanic coming to look at his boat (should have been today), and he's still contemplating a move.
It seems the owner of his marina had trouble with his boat, and it has been "all hands on deck" to fix his boat above all others

I hope he gives us an update later.
5th
Old 11-08-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
I've been in contact with Drumsky. He's a friend from my days as a mate with Captain John
He has a mechanic coming to look at his boat (should have been today), and he's still contemplating a move.
It seems the owner of his marina had trouble with his boat, and it has been "all hands on deck" to fix his boat above all others

I hope he gives us an update later.
5th
The owner isn't the guy that just ran his boat into the rock jetty there a few weeks back is it?
Old 11-08-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77 View Post
The owner isn't the guy that just ran his boat into the rock jetty there a few weeks back is it?
Nope
But he is the guy that had a problem taking on water (bilge pump and live well problem). But that has no bearing on his motor problem.
5th