Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-25-2010, 01:47 PM

If insurance companies could get out of paying claims to all the " idiots " - our premiums would be about $75.00 a year.

YoYo's who get drunk - then drive / crash , speeders when it is icy , tailgaters who cause wrecks , home owners who burn their homes down ( think Thanksgiving fried turkeys ) - list is endless.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:31 PM

yeaaa insurance companies cannot get out of paying because people did not follow rules. if everyone followed the rules we would not need insurance. sounds like the judge is trailerable by the law to me though. just do not speed
Old 12-25-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
LOL.. According to the law:

The rubrail is just over 2" on each side making up a total of 4" or so. Therefore the boat itself has a beam of 8'6" with the rubrail making up the entire Judge stated 8'10" beam. The Rubrail is a "safety bumper" 100% legal and I would fight it in court!
Get your act together. It's coming.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds View Post
Get your act together. It's coming.

whatever

Merry Christmas Reds

Last edited by B-Faithful; 12-25-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:50 PM

Quote:
LOL.. According to the law:

The rubrail is just over 2" on each side making up a total of 4" or so. Therefore the boat itself has a beam of 8'6" with the rubrail making up the entire Judge stated 8'10" beam. The Rubrail is a "safety bumper" 100% legal and I would fight it in court!
I think you'll lose that one. The "safety equipment" is that which is on the "vehicle", not the load it is carrying.

§ 24-102. Width of vehicles.

(a) How width to be measured.-

(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, for purposes of this section, the width of a vehicle includes any load that it carries and shall be exclusive of safety and energy conservation devices, such as side mirrors, turn signal lamps, marker lamps, steps and handholds for entry and egress, flexible fender extensions, mudflaps and spray suppressant devices, and load-induced tire bulges; providing the equipment or device, other than mirrors, does not extend more than 3 inches on each side of the vehicle beyond the statutory width limitation.

That's OK though, until they make the fines/penalties severe enough, it will just be the cost of doing business.......right?
Old 12-26-2010, 12:12 AM

1998 Sea Hunt 202 Triton
"Hoopty"
Old 12-26-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
What could be better than a few snow fluries on Christmas morning.

Merry Christmas to all.

p.s. I got a small waterproof camera to take lots of photo's this coming fishing season.

5th (Marty)
I got my son a nice video camera that he can use 10' underwater.

And to video the big fish he and B's kid are gonna' catch on that Judge this summer after we launch at the neighborhood ramp.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
the width of a vehicle includes any load that it carries
Crappie.. I believe I am 100% legal from speaking to a lawyer buddy of mine on Sunday. Boat is 8'6" with 2" of rubrail or "safety bumper" around it making up the additional 4". You are allowed to 9' total providing that the additional 6" (3" on either side) are made up of a safety device. A bumper should constitute a safety device as they are even required on many vehicles as safety devices. Maybe you went to a better law school than him though

Too funny, you guys want to compare a marginally questionable misdemeanor traffic violation with felony theft I wonder what the judge will do with these guys who stole well over $10,000 (in commercial dock value, let alone recreational value) in fish: http://www.dnr.state.md.us/dnrnews/p...010/112610.asp Will they be treated like they committed FELONY theft or a misdimeanor traffic crime..

BTW, I was kidding about the speeding thing (sort of). I have only ever received one speeding ticket and it was at least 10 years ago Thanks for all the "gotcha" stuff though. It was fun.

Last edited by B-Faithful; 12-27-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Maybe you went to a better law school than him though
Funny how you never really know who you are talking to on-line huh?

Did your Lawyer friend tell you it was a "marginally questionable misdemeanor traffic violation"?
if he did I'm sure glad I didn't go the THAT Law School
Old 12-27-2010, 04:51 PM

Default wow, when is opening day?

"judging" by this thread - a lot of people have been staring at their screens for WAY TOO LONG and need to just go fishing.....