Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-01-2010, 05:06 PM

Unhappy No luck today

Well I hit the Bay Bridge this morning jigging and stuck out bad. We started at the Bay Bridge then hit the pipe then I headed for a spot up North and no one was home. I then went South of the bridge to a spot and again found no one home. Did see A LOT of boats trolling but have no idea on how they did. Next week I'm fishing the Patapsco to see what I can find.
Contact Info:
Backyard Custom Rods and Repairs.
(301) 898-1136 or Cell (240) 486-0007
E-Mail BCRodsandRepairs@aol.com
Old 05-01-2010, 05:56 PM

Steve I am with ya there...Was going to go out today but all of the negative reports kept me in...Even some of my best spots are coming up flat out empty...Hoping this warm streak we are going to have starts the fish moving more than they have been....

The thing that worries me the most is the utter lack of bait...There have been a few big schools here and there but nothing like the last couple of years....
Old 05-01-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlien View Post
Steve I am with ya there...Was going to go out today but all of the negative reports kept me in...Even some of my best spots are coming up flat out empty...Hoping this warm streak we are going to have starts the fish moving more than they have been....

The thing that worries me the most is the utter lack of bait...There have been a few big schools here and there but nothing like the last couple of years....
See, that's what's wrong with the internet. You didn't see any good reports, so you couldn't go! When somebody posts a positive report, you'll be busting your butt to get there. If you went on your own , YOU could be the guy posting the great report about catching when all the other internet flunkies were sitting home waiting for the reports. To quote somebody else, "you won't know if you don't go, you gotta' have bait in the water".
Old 05-01-2010, 06:56 PM

Been a very tough season so far for most.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:35 PM

You big pusssy, grow a set will ya ??????

I'm mildly surprised you went back to the bridge... Oh well whatta ya gonna do ?

I did as well as you did today here in Carolina, I really love new areas and learning the tricks and trades, but damn it gets frustrating after a while. Wifey hooked one, which took the pressure of the captain, but damn.. I got nada damn thing....

Oh well, speak to you soon...

B
Old 05-01-2010, 09:45 PM

Mikie....I usually get out for a couple hours at least 3 times a week...The internet is fine...Choice today was watching two of my kids baseball games and the Derby or bailing on that for fishing...So I pushed the day of fishing out till tomorrow...

I know quite a few folks who are all having the same type of luck....Sometimes no matter how many lottery tickets you buy, if all the prizes are gone, you aint gonna win...

Hopefully your luck has been better than mine....

Mike
Old 05-02-2010, 03:28 AM

One thing you have to love about Brian is his support?.....
Steve...u never know if you don't try...just checked out trip last year down south was 6/24...try to get off that Wed again and we'll put a hurtin' on em' again....
BTW this is the week last year where I started picking up LTJing fish under birds...
Old 05-02-2010, 08:53 AM

Least you got out Steve.

This is usually a tought time of year as far as LTJ goes....for me anyway.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:32 AM

garlien-It is just tough out there right now but I do look for things to pick up in the next week or so. I thought I might see some bait somewhere I guess there still making there way North.

Brain- I Lov ya Man and I'm glad to see the Capt. putting his wife on some founder....Talk to you when you get back.

Jamie- Brain will never change at least I hope he don't...I will put a leave request in tomorrow (Monday) to take off on the 24th so count me in for that trip. I know I had a great time last year and looking forward to it again.

Frank-It was good just to get out and I even told Ray and Connor that this just might be a boat ride today and they both where OK with that. Didn’t have my regular crew with me yesterday but in 2 weeks I should have us back together again and watch out then...
Contact Info:
Backyard Custom Rods and Repairs.
(301) 898-1136 or Cell (240) 486-0007
E-Mail BCRodsandRepairs@aol.com
Old 05-02-2010, 10:01 AM

Better luck next time Steve, at least you were on the water, I have been working a ton of OT and can't get out even if I wanted.