Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2010, 05:48 PM

Default I might be wrong; but....

After fishing 4 days last week and also today; I've come to the conclusion that the trophy's have left. We have been catching some fish, but mostly in the 31-34 inch size. We have been seaching hard for the 3-4 fish we caught. I've been working 30 ft to (and including) the channel. Gannetts are next to extinct in the area north of Bloody.
Now I'm not saying that there aren't pockets of fish around; I'm saying that when I'm trolling, it feels like Mothers Day (a time when I normally put away the trolling equipment and get out the bait and livelinning rods).
Heaven knows; I hope I'm wrong and another group of fish are headed north (but I don't think so). It's time to head far south to look for those straglers still leaving the upper bay and also the Choptank to increase the hookup ratio.

The MSSA tournament is this Fri. Sat. Sun and it should confirm or refute my claim. I've been on several boats with similar results, so it's not just my spread (my lures, my speed, my hunting pattern).
If you have been working the waters north of Bloody, and have been having great success, you don't have to tell me where, how, or what your're fishing; just post your response as "You're Wrong" and I will hold out some hope that it's just me and my abilities to find fish.
If anyone is heading out tomorrow (Tues) be careful; there was significant floating debris from the storms last night. We had to work the boards around lots of floating trees and timber. We even hit a floating 2x6 on the way in (no damage).
Best of luck to everyone; 5th (Marty)