Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2010, 09:41 AM

Thumbs up All Tackle Planer board seminar

Skip, presented a seminar on planer boards last night hosted by Keith AKA All Tackle.

The presentation was one of the best I have been to. I would estimate a 120- 150 fellow fisherman packed the store. All tackle had a planer board rigged inside the store from a hard top display. It looked great and was a wonderful visual aid.

Skip started off the presentation with some info on the fish and there habits. He added a plea for some self imposed conservation and careful catch and release tactics.

He then explained setting up board line and how to put them out without tangling, or pulling one of the crew overboard. He stressed the importance of using bright international orange painted boards and flags on boards

Talked about setting lines on boards and using Scotty clips or rubber bands.

Discussed the use of different lines on rods Braid & Mono & Setting drags.

Moved into a discussion about placement of rods on the boat to prevent tangles with other rods. He also talked about different lure types and where to place them on the board and how to mach them with the rods.

All tackle provided beer for the audience and a question and answer session went on for 15 or 20 minutes.

A lot of tackle was being sold at the end of the seminar. The horde of happy fisherman dispersed with shinny new toys to try in the spring season.

A great evening out with some important information divulged.

Thanks Skip & Keith

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot

Last edited by Fish Nut; 02-25-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:19 PM

I really wanted to make it, but had a family obligation.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:53 PM

Talk about stage fright.
When Keith first asked me about speaking - I hoped 10 to 15 people would show up. Figured a easy night - just BS ing about fishing.

I do owe everyone who was there a big thank you - they put me at ease after a few minutes. Great making eye contact and seeing a nod or a smile.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:47 AM

Skip, it was agreat talk. You calmed down after the first minute, and gave a lot of people great information.

You should hit the lecture circuit

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot