Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 04-15-2014, 11:08 AM

Default Krazy Phisch First Trip 4/13 Swan Point to the Triples

I went out with Phil Krausz to shakedown the Krazy Phish on Sunday...fished 5 rods w/o planers from 8-1230.

Water was stained and 52 at R10. It really got warm as the day wore on. Wind was about 90 minutes late kicking up.

Boat ran fine...saw maybe one other guy out fishing. No bait or bird activity anywhere. Took one 22" on a glow bucktail trailing a spinner equipped daisy chain...in other words, that was about as 'visible' as a lure could be

I have my doubts about the fishing above the bridge during the trophy season, especially after today's (Tuesday) rain and predicted temperture drop.

Maybe bait is in the shallow water or up in the warmer water of the rivers but without any in the mainstem, I can't see why there would be any fish hanging around
Old 04-15-2014, 08:36 PM

We trolled 3 rods for a few hours Sat afternoon from the sewer pipe to love point. Caught nothing marked very little. Going to try above the bridge Sat anyway, just going with very low expectations. Plus think how rewarding it will be if we actually DO catch something!

Old 04-17-2014, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
We trolled 3 rods for a few hours Sat afternoon from the sewer pipe to love point. Caught nothing marked very little. Going to try above the bridge Sat anyway, just going with very low expectations. Plus think how rewarding it will be if we actually DO catch something!
Jeff

We are going out in the LP Buoy area on Friday again. I'll try to post something Friday evening on what we did.

Ed
Old 04-17-2014, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed D View Post
Jeff

We are going out in the LP Buoy area on Friday again. I'll try to post something Friday evening on what we did.

Ed
That would be great and very appreciated! If you really smoke 'em will it make my opening day skunk smell that much worse??
Good luck!

Old 04-19-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
That would be great and very appreciated! If you really smoke 'em will it make my opening day skunk smell that much worse??
Good luck!
No such luck....fished from LP to the bridge on the Eastern Shore side from 730-200...one knockdown that was gone in 20 seconds if that. Saw a couple of charters in the area including Down Time. Don't know if they were scouting or just checking equipment but didn't see anyone hook-up.

There appeared to be a few pods of biat around the LP buoy but no much anywhere else...water was 54-56 and stained...visibility near the surface was maybe 2-3' at best.