Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2015, 07:53 PM

Default Big Day

Decided to go out for an afternoon trip which turned into the best day of fishing I've had since the season started. I went out with wife and kids and made way over to BPL and decided the run boat rods only. Ran 4 lines off the boat all umbrellas and in 3 hours picked up 4 fish with one being 41.5". The interesting part is every fish this trip and about 80% on other trips have been caught off my 8' hip rods...it's like I could put everything else away and just fish those 2 rods.

The icing on the cake was after I packed up gear I made my way over to TPL and broke out Jigging Rod. What can I say 1st cast, 1st pop resulted I'm 1st light tackle fish of the year. Ended up picking up anothe 4 fish all around 18" to 22" but still fun!

I just wanted to say thanks to all my new found friends for all the information, guidance and patients with my questions. I used to hate trolling because I never understood that it can be as easy as light tackle of you have a system that works for you.

I can't wait to get back on the water, I just wish every day was as good was today was!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (85.3 KB, 32 views)