Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-06-2010, 02:31 PM

Default Lowrance Backorders - What's Up?

I ordered a HD unit from Jim at BOE Marine back on January 12, and the dern thing still hasn't come in. I've heard Lowrance is having problems shipping the HD units. Anyone heard anything? I heard there was a lawsuit by Hummingbird and wonder if the company might be having problems?

"Catch & Release - A picture is worth a thousand fish"
Old 02-06-2010, 03:22 PM

Shawn; a friend of mine and I both want to have a HDS 7 installed before March 15th. Jim said to schedule a install in Feb. because March is so busy. I've gone to his web site and I see they are backordered as well.

I don't know the reason, but this is getting me to wonder what's wrong as well. I hope Toyota is not making some of the parts. 5th (Marty)
Old 02-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Baldzilla

shawn,
The lawsuit should not be holding it up, they are continuing to ship. I got an e mail from Lowrance about how they were continuing to ship and Jim at BOE told me the same thing. Certain distributors get an allocation of units I think, I guess it just depends when your time comes, but I could be way off on this. Lowrance is notorious for being slow, not having parts ready, etc but the HDS is well worth the wait you'll have. Hope they come in fast. One thing I realized is you get promised a date and you may as well ad a month onto that. My RADAR was the same way...good luck
Mark

PS sent you a PM related to this

Last edited by Baldzilla; 02-06-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:28 AM

Either it is a sign of the economy and companies not keeping inventory or that it is so popular that they cant keep up with demand.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:36 PM

The first units had leaking problems so I assume they are replacing all those units first and it has put them behind in production. People at my marina tell me it is hard getting through to Lowrance and they are bad at returning calls.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Baldzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by wino View Post
The first units had leaking problems so I assume they are replacing all those units first and it has put them behind in production. People at my marina tell me it is hard getting through to Lowrance and they are bad at returning calls.
I thought only the 8 had leaking problems? Lowrance is just terrible at getting units out...that would only impact the HDS, they can't get cables, add ons, RADARs, etc...don't know what the issue is, but it is well worth any wait you have to go through!
Old 02-07-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldzilla View Post
I thought only the 8 had leaking problems? Lowrance is just terrible at getting units out...that would only impact the HDS, they can't get cables, add ons, RADARs, etc...don't know what the issue is, but it is well worth any wait you have to go through!
If anything else came close, I wouldn't be waiting!

Old 02-07-2010, 07:46 PM

Guys is this the HD side scan Unit your waiting for? I have seen some pictures of the units on the fishing shows. Both the lowerence and hummingbird look amazing.

Shawn, you already do well at the bridge. If you get the side scan tech it's going to be disgusting.

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot
Old 02-07-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Nut View Post
Guys is this the HD side scan Unit your waiting for? I have seen some pictures of the units on the fishing shows. Both the lowerence and hummingbird look amazing.

Shawn, you already do well at the bridge. If you get the side scan tech it's going to be disgusting.
I'm waiting on the HDS-8 base unit. The structure scan is an add on. There are some stores that have it in stock now.

Some places also have the HDS Insight models on the shelf. These have a built in basemap which has decent detail, but are painfully slow updating. So we're stuck waiting for the base unit and the faster-updating, more detailed 2010 Navionics Update.

You're right that it'll be good for the bridge. If nothing else other than to confirm some suspicions. I think the real advantage of the structure scan will be locating hidden structure and good cover at lesser know spots.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Baldzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Kimbro View Post
I'm waiting on the HDS-8 base unit. The structure scan is an add on. There are some stores that have it in stock now.

Some places also have the HDS Insight models on the shelf. These have a built in basemap which has decent detail, but are painfully slow updating. So we're stuck waiting for the base unit and the faster-updating, more detailed 2010 Navionics Update.

You're right that it'll be good for the bridge. If nothing else other than to confirm some suspicions. I think the real advantage of the structure scan will be locating hidden structure and good cover at lesser know spots.
Shawn I have the insight on my HDS and it is just fine updating, I turn it off and use the Navionics Platinum Plus. You are welcome to look at it and see if you want to get the insight model. The new update really sped up everything...just a thought