Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 10-25-2014, 04:45 PM

Default Just to upset Joe (w/pic)

Out today with Lou and Mikey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (92.5 KB, 37 views)
Old 10-25-2014, 05:19 PM

So, here's the story. Like most, I've been blown off the water the last two days I don't usually fish during the weekends because of the number of boats; it's really nice to be retired.
We were looking at an outgoing current starting at 10am, so we didn't leave the dock until 9. I headed toward the mouth of the Patapsco where I have been doing fairly well. Not big fish, but every once and a while we pick up an over.

Mike hasn't fished with me for a while (his new job keeps him too busy); so we set up this Saturday as an alternative to Friday. Lou's hip has been killing him, so a new person to yell at was desirable
I anticipated the fish to be deep today with lots of boats running over them. I had two lines with 16 oz and two with 20 and 24. We needed deep lines for sure.
Only once, did we see breaking fish outside of the channel and we lightened everything so we could run through the area. Only picked up one keeper in the shallow water. Back out to the deep we went.
Dodged charters and lots of private boats staying on the channel edge and worked 25 to 35 ft hard We were rewarded with 5 fish from 19 to 24 inches. I would say we were lucky to get the five. Between the other fishing boats, the wind (kicked up nicely after noon), and the sailboat race (we had about 75 sailboats heading for us at one point), we played dodge all day.

We pulled the big rods in twice, to check out some bird activity, but once again, all small fish under the birds. This has been consistent in this area for the last couple of weeks. Mikey wanted to catch over thirty fish today I figured this was the only way we would get close
I quickly tire of tiny rock, so back to the big rods for us. We ran under the Key Bridge and actually worked an area that produced for us earlier this week. Joe turned me on to the spot, so I will keep it secret. It gave us one nice fish, and it was time to call it a day. The boat really needed a cleaning (Mike is one messy fisherman:roll eyes.
I got back home, cleaned a couple fish, and had some great chili that the wife had made today. My dinner wasn't as good as Jeff's (Justified) lunch; we saw him headed to Mike's Crabhouse for some Orange Crush's

So there you go Joe (boat dog); I had a ball while you worked. Somebody has to keep paying into Social Security for Lou and I. I thank you.
5th
Old 10-25-2014, 06:38 PM

Well Marty, glad I could put you on the fish... Since I run a Grady, I don't let a little wind stop me from catching. And to tell the truth, we do better when it's a little bumpy..We will be out tomorrow , the only difference is, we go for quality, not quantity... If anyone is out, give a yell on 68, I answer to Boatdog, or Celtic Charm... Oh, my girl wants to know why you posted pics of your bait.... I tried to explain that rock are not used for bait... She just wondered why they were so small... ��

Joe

Last edited by Joe Walsh; 10-25-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:57 PM

When you get to be "seniors" like us, you will pick your days too. There were too many days on the charter when I "had" to go.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:20 PM

You need a girl like mine... It can be blowing 30 knots, and she tells me "don't be a *****"... Next thing you know, we are pulling in fish.. Lol.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:25 PM

And just to rub it in.. While I am trash talking, she is baking me cookies... Yeah, I am spoiled...
Old 10-25-2014, 09:13 PM

Ok; now we need pics

And I don't mean of the boat

5th
Old 10-25-2014, 10:16 PM

Marty- Good to talk to you today. With you and Jeff fishing together in the morning, it looked like a Judge catalog shoot.

I ended up at Swan Point, and picked up 4 fish, from 18-26". Missed two other bites. All bites came on Chartreuse, except one.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:07 AM

Mark; good to see you out there. I never knew what you ran, but now that I know you have a 30ft scarab with twins; know where on the bay is out of reach

Glad you got some "meat".

5th
Old 10-27-2014, 06:47 PM

Happy to see some one can get out fishing and catch a few. Good job. Been off the water since August but hoping to get out the next couple weekends if the weather cooperates