Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 09-01-2014, 07:06 AM

Default Chester River Cats 8/31

Yesterday was the 7th Annual Chester River Catfish Invitational. We fished from just south of Cliff City up to just above the C R bridge. Shrimp, peelers, and soft crab were the bait options- all seemed to do equally well. The winning fish was 8lbs 10oz. Ours was only around 7lbs so no prize money but i had the best looking crew!!! Nothing like a 7:15 Fireball to say "good morning ladies!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (87.8 KB, 25 views)

Old 09-02-2014, 11:38 AM

That crew is certainly finer lookin' than a mess of ol' catfish.

I fished way up the chester years ago....camped at someplace called "Duck Neck" I think????

Anyway, the bass fishing was terrible but we caught plenty of catfish.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:17 PM

Duck Neck? Be grateful catfish is all you caught!! Actually I only go by it occasionally when launching a boat, but I have met a lot of folks from there at various places. I have considered camping up there 1 night just to see what really goes on around there. It is always loaded with people.
Of course I also think about going out on one of the head boats in the narrows just to see what goes on there too. What's that saying- curiously killed the cat!

Old 09-03-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
Yesterday was the 7th Annual Chester River Catfish Invitational. We fished from just south of Cliff City up to just above the C R bridge. Shrimp, peelers, and soft crab were the bait options- all seemed to do equally well. The winning fish was 8lbs 10oz. Ours was only around 7lbs so no prize money but i had the best looking crew!!! Nothing like a 7:15 Fireball to say "good morning ladies!"
I need your marketing assistant. How do you get stuck on a boat full of women while I'm out beating the water with a bunch of beer drinking guys

bhl (Bruce)
Old 09-03-2014, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl View Post
i need your marketing assistant. How do you get stuck on a boat full of women while i'm out beating the water with a bunch of beer drinking guys

Bhl (bruce)
Hair, Hair, Hair
Old 09-03-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Duck Neck? Be grateful catfish is all you caught!! Actually I only go by it occasionally when launching a boat, but I have met a lot of folks from there at various places. I have considered camping up there 1 night just to see what really goes on around there. It is always loaded with people.
Of course I also think about going out on one of the head boats in the narrows just to see what goes on there too. What's that saying- curiously killed the cat!
A few of us do a camping/fishing trip twice a year and usually go to Shad Landing on the Pocomoke River, but we decided to try something a little different that year.

It's an interesting campground for sure....lots of year round residents and golf carts. We tent camped right by the water. They have a pretty nice pier and a primitive but functional boat ramp.

I probably wouldn't camp there alone though.....
Old 09-03-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Duck Neck - you would fit right in

Narrows - Not so much. I hear Off Da Hook is pretty good if you want to give it a try though.......
Old 09-04-2014, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Hair, Hair, Hair
Ouch, and I was going to show you some of my fishing spots

bhl (Bruce)
Old 09-05-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl View Post
Ouch, and I was going to show you some of my fishing spots

bhl (Bruce)
Don't worry Bruce, Marty has obviously never seen me w/o a hat on. Kinda looks like this guy